XII. Serious Talk

Start from the beginning

Just like that, he was back in control. 

Our eyes never strayed, and mine were happy to take him just as he was at the moment. Crazy, loyal, beautiful and mine.

Our heavy breathing and pounding bodies were the only sounds resonating. The warmth of his skin, and the intensity of his gaze enough to send me to the edge.

Body on body...

                ...flesh on flesh...

                                ...need on need. 

I lost it. The orgasm rippled through me, from the top of my head down to my toes as warmth and yearning invaded me, only to be quickly replaced by cool.  Nathaniel wasn't far behind me, his grunts and low moan rumbling through him. He pressed me against his body, my breast in his face and his arms around me like a vine.

I felt his heart pounding, my body  rose and fell in time with his breathing and I wasn't sure I would ever be able to catch my breath.

So we sat there quietly coming down from whatever paradise we ascended to. 

*

My head was on his chest, his fingers in my hair as we lay in my bed. He was running the pads of his fingers along my scalp, his free hand cupping my breast.

I ran my finger nails along his arms, playfully pulling at the hair there.

"I met someone today," he said breaking the silence.

I laughed. "I'm sure you did on you're little adventure."

He squeezed my nipple. "I'm serious," he laughed. "His name was Mathieu. He's an officer at the jail."

My eyes pressed shut and I cringed.  "... And?" I braced myself for his crazy.

"And, he said he knew you and your family. He says that when you came here last year, you were vulnerable. Vulnerable enough to make an impression on him."

"I was in a bad place King," I said honestly. "Mathieu was being a gentleman. I was too... in my head and couldn't even begin to think about being with another man. Besides, he's got someone now... there's nothing to worry about."

"Who says I'm worried?" he scoffed. 

"Oh really?" I scoffed back. "That would be a first."

He gave my breast another playful squeeze. "It's just, for you to make an impression on another man like you did, he had to be extremely observant or you had to be a complete mess."

"It was a hard time for me King. I was on an entirely different planet."

"I get it." He was quiet for a while and I was suddenly jilted back into unpleasant memories.

"Why did you keep it from your folks? Most people would need counseling after all that. And you... you just kept on pushing."

"This place, here with my parents, it's my safe haven. It was all the counseling I needed to get back on the right track. It worked didn't it."

"Mmmm," was his murmured reply.

I know I need to talk to someone, but I wasn't ready to let go of my anxiety. It propelled me to keep living, kept me on toes and on my guard. Nathaniel wouldn't understand it. I still have idiosyncrasies here and there, but nothing major.

"He misses you," he said.

"Who Mathieu?"

"No, your father. He misses you," he explained.