Chapter 3: Juniors Together

Start from the beginning

Today is a very troubling and important day for Kyoka. Was it mid term exams? No. Was it a day her favorite band is playing at a concert? Nope. It was Izuku's birthday. July 15th. And she had no idea what to do with him.

She cant take him out to eat. He would think of it as a date. Would he? He seems like a person who wouldn't take notice of small thing like that. Kyoka's mind was all over the place. She had no idea what she was going to do. Then it hit her. He has his family right. Surely his cousins would come over.

"Jiro!" "Huh-?" Kyoka's train of immeasurable thought was broken by her teacher teaching math class. "Are you paying attention?" He asked and Kyoka quickly nodded her head as a lie. She had already said happy birthday to him and has his gift in her bag so she was fine on those departments at least. She just had to avoid him after school to get to his house first.

As the school day came to an end Kyoka was nervous on what she was about to do. The both of them were currently walking towards tge exit of the school when Kyoka sprung up. "Izuku im sorry that I cant walk with you to your house today my parents need me fir something right now so I have to rush my way there. Is that fine?" Kyoka asked and Izuku just nodded. "Ok thanks! Ill see you tomorrow!" She shouted as she started to sprint towards Izuku's house. Since they are on the same street he wouldn't suspect a thing if Kyoka got there before him.

——————————

Izuku got up to his house and walked up the stairs. He opened the door and took a step in. "Im ho-." "Happy Birthday!" Izuku was tackled but not by who he expected aka his mother. But was tackled by Kyoka. Izuku quickly guess what was going on. "You sly devil." Izuku joked and Kyoka giggled.

Kyoka let go of Izuku and his mother was already balling out tears. "Mom.... not dating." Izuku said and his mother Inko wiped her tears away. "Oh I know." She said and Izuku looked around. "Is Shoto not he-." "what about me?" Izuku turned around to see his three cousins walk through the front door. Shoto, Fuyumi, and Natsuo Todoroki. Izuku smiled at them.

"Hey Guys, Still havent found Touya yet?" Izuku questioned and the three sadly shook their heads. Apparently the first son of the family ran away at the age of seventeen last year and haven't found him since. "Midoriya? Are these your cousins?" Kyoka asked as she walked over to Izuku's side.

She saw a boy around her and Izuku's age with bicolored eyes and hair. One side is crimson red and the other is silver white. Standing next to him what seemed to be his older brother. He had white some what spiky hair and next to him was. The Older sister.... God dammit. Again Kyoka started feeling insecure about her body. But she shook it off, it was Izuku's birthday. She is supposed to be happy with him. Not sulk about her insecurities.

"Nice to meet you Im Kyoka Jiro. I am a good friend of Midoriya." Kyoka said as Izuku chuckled. "You can call me Izuku, Kyoka." Izuku said and Kyoka blushed at this. "T-Thanks and you can call me Kyoka. Though you already did." Kyoka said clinking her jacks and Natsuo chuckled at this. "Damn Izuku who knew you'd score a chick before me or Shoto." Natsuo teased and Kyoka's face went completely read.

"H-Hey, Its not like that!" Kyoka shouted and Natsuo chuckled as Fuyumi giggled. "Cut it out, Were just best friends." Izuku said holding a small blush. "Anyways, Yes these are my cousins Kyoka. Shoto, Fuyumi, and Natsuo. Touya is also one of them but he ran away last year." Izuku stated as Kyoka nodded.

"You can call us by our first name. A friend of Izuku is a friend of ours." Shoto said as Kyoka nodded. "Yea thanks, It would be difficult to call you all Todoroki." Kyoka joked.

The five of them spent a lot of time together and Kyoka got to see Izuku's room. "So Japanese...." Kyoka said as Izuku scratched the back of his head. "Yea Shoto and his family got me into it." Izuku said as he sat on the floor pillow criss cross. Kyoka sat on the floor next to him blushing a bit.

"Izuku, Here! Happy Birthday!" She shouted with the blush on her face as she shoved the gift on his chest. She then covered her face with her hands to hide the blush. Izuku opened the gift to reveal a chain and at the end of it was a small purple guitar.

"Something to remind you of me if we end up being separated. Something I hope doesn't happen." Kyoka said with a slight blush on her face as she clinked her jacks. "Thanks Kyoka." Izuku said as he placed it on his desk. "Now shall we go down stairs?" Izuku said as he stood up and started to walk out the door and Kyoka followed behind.

After they got down stairs they did all the normal things that happen at birthdays. They ate cake and talked a bit. Kyoka learned about the Todoroki's father. Enji Todoroki. She also felt a burning disgust when she learned about him.

The day came to an end and Kyoka was about to leave. She waved goodbye and walked out. 'God, I think I have a crush on my best friend.' She said as she walked towards her house.