“One of them.” I said which made Hyunsu look at me. “She’s the one who jumped on the monster’s back.” I added.

“Then where’s the other one?” Mr. Han inquired.

“There’s actually two of them out there.” Hyunsu explained.

And so we waited.

Hyunsu and I are once again sitting next to each other.

“How did you know that she’s the one who helped us?” Hyunsu queried.

“Her clothes.” I replied.

“She’s not the same from befo-”

“Yeah, like us.” I cut him off. “She doesn’t give off the type where she’s craving to shred everything she sees.” I added.

“Her eyes.” Hyunsu said after a few seconds has passed.

“Pitch black, like ours a while ago.” I uttered, staring at the floor.

We stayed silent for a minute, waiting for the other two.

For Jaeheon and Jisu.

I hope they’re okay

I sighed and put my head on Hyunsu’s shoulder, my hands still on my nunchucks.

“What did you see?” I whispered to him.

I felt him hitch his breathe and slowly breathed out.

“The accident… Where my parents and sister died.” he murmured with a sigh. “I saw myself being in the accident and the only one who survived.” he added.

I removed my head on his shoulders and looked at him.

He wasn’t crying or anything but his expression was solemn, sad, downcast.

“Then I saw myself. With black eyes.” he shuddered.

“I think I’m going crazy, Nara. There’s no way that I could’ve survive that attack.” he breathed out.

“You’re not going crazy.” I told him.

“Stop comforting me wi-”

“I’m not comforting you.” I cut him off. “I’ve seen something like that as well.” I laughed sarcastically.

“What?” Hyunsu said.

“I saw my ex boyfriend and best friend, Nara. They were telling me to kill myself.” I said, my hands dropping the nunchucks and going to my neck but not squeezing it. Just caressing it. “I saw myself as well with disgusting black eyes.” I added with a dejected sigh.

“So you’re not going crazy.” I faced him with a small smile.

“But what if something happens to the both of us and we turn into those mo-”

“Then we save each other. Like how we promised.” I told him.

His face has realization printed on his face.

I stared at him and waited for his answer.

I’m not pressuring him or anything.

Anything he says, I’ll accept it.

A few seconds passed and he nodded.

“Just like how we promised.” he repeated.

“Heads up!” Mr. Han said loudly, alerting Hyunsu and I.

The woman ushered the children near the wall, hidden from view while we pointed our weapons towards the door

The doorknob was once more turning, the door opening.

Once it was fully opened, we saw Jaeheon and Jisu.

We still haven’t lowered the weapons.

“We’re good. All clear.” Jaeheon said.

I dropped my hands and pushed the buttons avoid cutting anyone up.

Mr. Han looked at me and I nodded.

“They’re the one who helped us.” Hyunsu said beside me.

“Well the, come on in.” Mr. Han ushered them inside.

Jaeheon and Jisu walked in, wearing backpacks filled to the brim of unknown materials.

“We brought food. For payment I guess since we’ll probably be gate crashing here for  a while.” Jisu scratched her head and looked around, not catching any glances but she caught mine.

I smiled at her and she smiled back.

“Is that everyone?” Mr. Han asked us and Hyunsu replied with a simple nod.

“Thank you for taking us in.” Jaeheon said with a smile towards Mr. Han

“It’s all good, don’t worry about it.” he answered.

“You can drop off your bags here.” I told Jaeheon and Jisu and pointing at the corner.

They removed their bags and put it down.

“How about we get the food ready, yeah?” Jaeheon offered and everyone agreed.

The last time I ate was today’s breakfast and it’s been hours after that.

“But first, those with messy faces, go clean up. The bathroom is over here.” Mr. Han pointed at the door a few feet away from his work table.

“You go first.” Hyunsu said and had to push me inside forcefully because I insisted that the woman go first but said no.

But at least I was able to slap his forehead.

Hard.

I closed the door of the bathroom and went towards the sink.

I didn’t even look around because it’s built like mine.

There was also a mirror on the side which I didn’t look at. Not until I get this filthy grime off my face.

The water was cool against my face and I sighed thankfully.

Once I finished washing my face, I finally looked at the mirror.

My hear was a mess so I took off my hair tie from my wrist and put my hair in a ponytail

Appearance doesn’t matter right now.

My turtleneck has blood everywhere.

My hands went up to my neck.

The cloth hiding it was making me suffocate so I scrunched it with my hands and forcefully ripped it off, making my neck get exposed.

That’s more like it.

I breathed deeply and exhaled.

The scar on my neck doesn’t matter right now.

I just need one chance.