Who is She?

After graduation, Molly found herself mingling with high born families at the Royal Palace. It was the engagement party. They still pursue even when there are death threats to the soon to be Royal Couple. Molly was just watching the crowd flanking the couple. She was not used to this kind of gathering. Most of the time she was just hanging out with her brother or at the bookstore or at a coffee shop and now she was wearing a fancy dress in side a palace. She felt like Cinderella as she looked down at her dress. She was wearing a peach dress that has a symmetrical sleeve. Her only accessory was the medallion her Mom gave her. After the engagement she would be the official political advisor to Prince Jacob.

As Jacob was getting tired of the people surrounding them and not to mention he was anxious about the security threat that night, his eyes found Molly at the corner of the huge ballroom of the palace. She was just watching the crowd and he could tell she was not used to this kind of gathering.

“What are you looking at? Oh, is that Molly?” Chloe said as she held on to Jacob’s arms.

“Yes, she seemed anxious of the huge crowd.” Jacob laughed as he cannot take off his eyes to where Molly was.

“She looks lovely. Her dress fits her well. Let’s go to her.” Chloe said and before he could stop her they were already beside Molly. She curtsied in front of them.

“Your Majesties.” She greeted shyly and Chloe gave her a sweet smile.

“I heard you’ll be the advisor to the Prince. I am glad they took you in, Molly. You would be very promising.” Chloe said as she patted Molly’s hand. All of a sudden, Dawson came up to them.

“The King Lucas requests your presence. Including you Ms. Aldrich so please just follow me.” Dawson said and they followed Dawson to the library.

“We will have to turn up the timetable. We will have to announce the engagement after this meeting. The Royal Security received some threat of assassination tonight.” Dawson said and Molly saw Chloe had a tight grip on Jacob’s arm and she saw that Jacob was pretty worried.
Chloe went out the room first and Jacob was left with Molly and the King.

“This is about Molly being here, Your Highness. The public is getting rowdy because of her. They thought were covering up the truth about you finding the rightful heir.” Jacob snapped anxiously and Molly looked at him scared.

“Nonsense, Prince Jacob. This isn’t about Molly. She doesn’t have anything to do about this.” The King said upset and Molly was getting anxious.

“I think I better leave, Your Highness.”Molly interrupted and she immediately went out the room. She ran back to the ballroom where everyone is preparing for the announcement.

Thomas suddenly dragged her to the stage and Jacob was already there giving her a sharp look. The crowd was gathering at the stage and Molly was studying them. She suddenly felt danger lurking around and she squeezed someone’s arm and it turned out to be Thomas’s arms.

“Easy, Molly! I know you’re anxious because your prince is getting engage.” Thomas joked and patted her hand on his arms. Molly looked at where Chloe is and she was smiling at her. She noticed that the security was surrounding the balcony of the ballroom.

“Ladies and gentlemen, tonight we announced the Royal engagement of Prince Jacob—“the announcement was interrupted by a gunshot and Jacob was shocked to see Chloe over Molly.

“Chloe!” Molly cried seeing Chloe covered in blood beside her. Se struggled to cradle her on her arms but Jacob pushed her away towards Tomas.

“Please, Chloe! Stay with me.” Jacob cried as Molly was already crying.

“Molly...” Chloe whispered and Jacob couldn’t understand why she’s calling for Molly.

“I’m here, Chloe!” Jacob cried out but Chloe was reaching out to Molly’s hand and Molly held on to Chloe’s hand.

“I save your life because you deserve to be saved…I want you to take care of Jacob for me whatever it takes...” Chloe gasped and Jacob and Molly stared at each other take aback by Chloe’s words. Molly nodded her head to Chloe.

“What are you talking about, Chloe?” Jacob cried angrily as he cradled Chloe’s body closed to him.

“Please Jacob..I want to hear Molly’s words.” Chloe gasped as the crowd was getting in a panic mode and the Royal Security couldn’t pacify them.

“Yes, you have my word, Chloe.” Molly cried as Chloe touched her face. She looked at her and then to Jacob closely.

“In time you will know the truth, Jacob” Chloe was breathing heavily and Thomas was calling out for an ambulance. Soon a medical team took away Chloe’s body and they there of them were just standing there still in shock.

Molly was looking at Jacob who was looking at her all the while with a sharp gaze. She looked away but Thomas noticed Jacob’s gaze at her.

“Hey, enough of your sharp gaze at her, Jacob!? Didn’t you just hear Chloe’s last words?” Thomas snarled and Jacob was about to grabbed Molly’s arm but Thomas blocked his way.

“I am sorry. I don’t know that this would be happening.” Molly cried out helplessly.

“I’m sick and tired of hearing your apologies! Can’t you just leave me alone?” Jacob shouted at her face and left them behind.

Thomas felt his heart goes out to Molly as she finally burst out crying, The Royal Guards finally cleared of the place and Thomas decided to walk Molly to the service car waiting for her. She was quietly sobbing as Thomas opened the car door for her.

“In time the truth will come out, Molly. Chloe’s death doesn’t have to be worthless. She died for some reason and in time you and Jacob will know it.” Thomas said as he find himself hugging Molly. She was surprised by his sudden affection towards her but she knew she needed it this time.

“I don’t understand, Your Highness.” She whispered and Thomas snorted

“You can just call me Thomas. I am not of Royal Blood, Molly.” Thomas smiled at her and wiped her tears dry. She managed to smile though she was still sobbing. Thomas watched as the car pulled out the palace’s patio towards the gates. He knew their lives would never be the same. Sooner or later Jacob would live on a world that he would put the blame to Molly. He knew Molly would suffer but as Chloe said truth will have to takes it time.

Thomas walked along inside the palace and he could hear Jacob’s crying and screaming.

Tonight he had lost the girl he would ever love to a girl who had loved him all along. Dawson saw him coming and gestured him to enter the library.

“How was Molly?” Dawson asked and Thomas just shook his head.

“Did Dad make any calls?” Thomas asked and Dawson handed him a piece of paper.

“He’s asking if you’re alright. He said he might come back after a year or two. We have to pacify the people and get to work on the next plan. The King was already notified about this. Jacob would have to be left behind as for the moment.” Dawson said and Thomas nodded his head as he left the library. He decided to see Jacob in is room. He was slumped on his bed silently crying now.

“Just leave me alone, Thomas! I don’t need anyone right now.” He snarled.

“I know you don’t. But you have to be strong, Jacob. There is no point in mourning for we have to move forward.” Jacob said as he closed the door to Jacob’s room.

As the country mourned the death of the daughter of one of the Parliament member the uprising has gotten worst. They were clamoring for the rightful heir to the thrown. It’s been year and the King was getting restless if he would finally let the country know of the truth.

“Father, we can’t go through this now. The people are still blaming us. We had to conceal the truth or they would go against us. Jacob is still mourning, father” Lena told her father.

“We have held the truth long enough and with the way we’re doing it, aren’t the people going against us already?” the King commented confusingly.

“We have to get the engagement between them pushed through. So in time we will no problem letting out the truth.” Dawson added and little did they know that Jacob was hearing it all along.

“Who is she? Why is everyone making a big fuss about her existence at the palace?” Jacob asked himself.  He was still lost in mourning Chloe’s death and serving his people.