Chapter 1: A new Begining

"Hurry up you lazy child" yelled my mother from across the hut
" I'm tidying the floor mother, and am already dressed " I said trying to hide my annoyance as I have for the past 19 months. My mother and Father have been fighting for custody over me for over seven years, my mother trying to use me as a house slave and my father to properly raise me with his wife and six kids, although neither have gone to the Kings court to claim me..both have fought...cross that, tried to kill each other over me as the years have gone by.
" You lazy cow,always dreaming and never getting on with chores " My mother yelled walking towards me with a nasty look on her face.
" Maybe all these years I should of have listened to your father and given him to you in exchange for a worthy servant" She said emphasizing the worthy part.
" Maybe you should have" I murmured
As the words leave my mouth, I feel the sting of the slap I receive
" You little bi-" She starts to say but stops as she hears our carriage pulling up, in an instant her "angry" face is gone and a pleasant yet strained smile emerges.
" Get to the bathroom you rotten rat and wash your face, we will discuss this later" she said before the messenger arrived to the door.
I started walking up the narrow stairs that led to the tower where I slept, as I was looking in the mirror I noticed how much I had changed over spring and late summer, my chocolate brown hair now fell to my waist in spiraling curls, my skin was tanner, my eyes darker (green), and my chin more defined. Maybe that's why the city men kept asking me for my hand in marriage, I said to my self as I quickly splashed my face with water and ran down the stairs tripping and falling on the last step and landing into the hands of the...Prince?
" Your majesty?" I said confused
" My future wife" he replied back with a bitchy smirk
I quickly turned to my mother, she had her hands in her lap with a nasty smirk on her face, saying " I told ya so" with her eyes. She went to far this time, I'm done, I mentally said and turned back to the prince.
" I decline your offer and anything you say wil-"
"Your majesty she's just kidding" My mom said looking at me murderously
I returned the look to her surprise and replied
" No I am not, and goodbye to both of you " I ran back upstairs and grabbed my bag, and started to pack my clothes leaving my mom and the prince outside. Before I finished my mother entered the room. Before she could say anything I gave her a glance and told her with my eyes that I was dead serious this time, she had gone way to far, going behind my back and promising the Prince my hand in marriage, I was never going to forgive her. When I finished I pushed past her in a hurry and hurried down the stairs with her hot on my heels, on the very last step the prince came hurrying to my side an enraged look on his face. As he opened his mouth to yell at me for my insolence, I pushed past him and said sorry, while running with the weight of my bag, when I opened the door of the hut to saddle my horse Cinnamon a cloth pressed against my mouth with the stench of a foreign chemical hitting me hard, the last thing I heard before I blacked out was " Tell the Messenger "