"hi," he let out a deep breath as mollie gave him a small smile in return, soon inviting the boy inside before closing the door behind her.

"do you want a drink?" mollie asked him, backing away and over to the kitchen as corbyn shook his head, "did you open your christmas gift?"

"uh, yeah." he nodded, holding up the finger that he had put the ring on, "you're very good at gift giving."

"i just know what you like," she shrugged, sitting down by the kitchen island as corbyn slightly smiled, "why weren't you suppose to text me? is it the same thing she told me?"

"that you can't trust me?" he looked up at her as she nodded, "then yeah, probably."

"sorry, it's my fault she's suddenly so overprotective." mollie admitted as corbyn furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, sitting down beside her.

"i'm sorry," corbyn told the girl, "i should've tried to communicate with you first rather than complaining about it to other girls. and i'm really sorry for lying to you about where i was and who i was with, i didn't mean to make it seem like i was cheating."

"i never thought you were-"

"nicole thought it."

"can we keep her out of our conversation while we talk about this?" she asked, looking up at him before he nodded, "i'm sorry for confronting you at the party, i probably should've talked with you about it in a better manner."

"i honestly deserved that embarrassment," he shook his head, "but that doesn't give me an excuse for hurting you like i did... i'm sorry for making you think i didn't love you anymore."

"i just don't get where lucy had to come into all of this," mollie mumbled, "it just seemed like you wanted her to get in the way."

"no, no." corbyn quickly said, "lucy wanted to get with me and she suggested it multiple times and i only said noted one time so she would stop bugging me about it, the only reason they were both there is because rosie and lucy are good friends and rosie came along to make sure lucy didn't try anything, it was just so us two weren't alone."

"that doesn't explain the party," mollie replied, "rosie wasn't anywhere."

"she went to talk to brandon because they're a thing," corbyn said as she slowly nodded, "she was gone for two minutes before you came into the kitchen."

"and if she came along so lucy didn't do anything... why were you talking to her anyway?"

"a distraction." he soon admitted, "i'd only talk to her if we fell out and near the end of our relationship i never knew what we were so i was with her almost all the time. we never did anything though."

"i'm sorry, i made it super complicated." mollie sighed, looking down at the floor.

"it was me too." he shrugged, "we just didn't sort it out properly."

"yeah, we probably should've thought about that before we went to long distance," mollie said as corbyn nodded in agreement, a small laugh escaping his lips before shaking his head.

"i also should've known more about the things you struggle with, because i focused on just one thing rather than all of it," corbyn mentioned, "i didn't know how to comfort you when we were like five hours away from each other and i distanced myself instead."