𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒.

Start from the beginning

Then I saw figures running thanks to the lights of the cars' headlights. And that's when I saw it.

People coming from further down the street had gone feral and started jumping on cars, and on people who decided to get out of their cars.

I watched cars crash into each other and heard people screaming and yelling as if they were in pain or were scared.

The noise and commotion eventually woke up the others who were sleeping, and everyone rushed to my window to see what the hell was going on outside.

"What's going on?!" Kunigami looked out the window. And for the first time ever, I saw him terrified.

The loud sounds of cars crashing and screaming filled all of our ears. We could only watch and listen in horror.

I opened my window.

"Isagi, are you stupid?!" Chigiri yelled.

"Wait, let me -" I stopped talking after being able to see the whole scene better.

Crashed cars, people eating and chasing each other... Screaming, shouting, yelling... I could even hear some sirens in the distance... What... is this...

I closed my window, weirded out and frightened. Maybe horrified was the best word.

"Nagi, can I borrow your phone real quick?" I asked.

"Yeah sure," he gave me his phone. I logged in to my family's security account and checked the cameras alongside the walls.

Some people were untamed and ran wild, screeching their heads off. It looked like they were on drugs! And others continued walking slowly, and they were the ones that I could see more through the camera since they were closer. That's when I was able to take a look at their disfigured face as one turned their head towards me.

His jaw was hanging and unhinged, and one of his eye sockets had fallen out, not to mention the shape of his dented head looked like it had been smashed by a bookshelf. Some muscles of his face were exposed, and a little blood poured out of his mouth.

"Ah!" I scooted back and threw the phone.

"Careful!" Nagi said and saved his phone in time with his foot. "Why'd you do that -" Nagi made a horrified sound. "What the heck..."

All the other boys that were now wide awake and anxious surrounded him out of curiosity and saw the...

"Zombies?!"

"Wait, are these ACTUALLY zombies?!!" Reo became scared for once.

Tokimitsu screamed softly and I could see the nervous look on Aryuu and Chigiri's faces. Everyone here, even if it was just a little bit, displayed some emotion that resembled fear... even Nagi, Rin, and Shidou.

"No way. They're just people messing with us," Rin said. Though he didn't sound as confident as usual.

"That doesn't explain that emergency notification I got," Nagi said. "This is no 'lukewarm' prank."

At that moment, another emergency notification appeared and Aryuu read it loud.

"As you know, many countries have been trying to create a LMV-19 vaccine to solve and end this pandemic. Japan had created a vaccine recently, and needed several test subjects to prove its effectiveness. However, the experiment was unsuccessful and the test subjects ended up going mentally crazy and their bodies were transfigured. There are no words to describe what has happened but they looked like... zombies. They bit the scientists and researchers in the facility, and it seems they have infected them as well to turn crazy and mutated-like. All of them escaped. Please stay in your home and make sure you barricade doors and windows, and stock up on food and essential supplies before it's too late."

"I swear what kind of crap is this..." I said. I was freaking out a little though. Was it true? How could it be? All of a sudden, like this!

"You're all a bunch of losers. I'll go outside and check myself," Shidou said, getting up and leaving the room.

"Wait!" I yelled but it was no use.

"Get bitten and turn into a zombie for me, thanks," Rin said.

Shidou's POV

I didn't really know what to believe. I saw the "zombies" on Nagi's screen and I heard them read the emergency notification... so how could all this be some sort of prank?

If someone did hack the system, that doesn't explain the people outside... Unless they're going along with the prank which is utterly stupid and immature. That's impossible, now that I think about it...

"Sigh..." I stepped outside the door and went up to the gate. I stood there and waited. If they really were zombies, they would come around to the gate and try to grab me. The crazy scene was happening on the other side of this house's property anyway.

Isagi's gate was designed with horizontal bars that had narrow spaces in between each bar so no one could get in. So I would be safe as long as I stayed in here.

I waited and that's when I heard moaning and screeching noises coming closer. I saw a zombie walk in front of the gate, and they stuck their thin arms through the spaces.

"So are there 2 types of zombies? The ferocious and slow ones?" I said to myself.

Then I saw 3 zombies running towards the gate and they screamed at me as they grabbed the bars of the gate and shook it aggressively.

"Aah!!"

Now this scared the crap out of me. The more violent ones had unpredictable behavior and strength that I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle.

My foot automatically took a step back, and I saw more screeching zombies approaching, so I decided to head back inside the house.

"What the hell?! Screw this!!"

I ran into Isagi's room straight away and locked it, and started barricading the door.

"What are you doing?" Isagi asked. "Don't tell me..."

"I... I don't know what I saw!" I couldn't speak. I was scared and had a rapid heart rate for the first time ever.

"It's real."

AUTHOR'S NOTE 🔦

Isagi's house is your average 2-story home, but it's surrounded by a tall, hard, concrete/rock wall. But there is a gate somewhere along the wall and like Shidou described it as, it's a tall gate with horizontal bars that have narrow spaces between each of them (like a big wrought iron gate with 2 doors)

Anyways...