About six months into them dating, Dahlia introduced Willie to her family. Her father was hesitant at first because this meant that his little girl was growing up and he didn't like it one bit.  Her mother instantly liked Willie because he was very respectful and he said that he was interested in music. Yeah, this ones a keeper. Rose thought to herself after Dahlia went to show Willie the studio. 

Julie and Carlos liked him because Dahlia liked him. They've always looked up to their older sister and she was always made good decisions, so the younger siblings already liked their sister's boyfriend. 

For the rest of the year everything in their relationship was amazing. They would go to the pier and just talk for hours. Dahlia could see herself marrying Willie. She even became popular in school simply because she was dating him, but she didn't care about that, she loved Willie and that's all that mattered to her.

One year later

Dahlia was on her way to meet Willie at the pier, it was almost his 17th birthday, but he said that it was important so she made quickly made her way to meet her boyfriend.

Willie's POV

I'm so nervous. I'm waiting for Dahlia to get here so I can tell her my news. I'm so scared that she'll hate me after I tell her. But I can't keep doing this now that I know how I really feel. It would be wrong of me to lead on one of the best people of ever met. I don't want to hurt her but she needs to know. She need to know that

I'm gay.

 I have no idea has this is going to end. She'll either blow up on me and never want to talk to me which I wouldn't be able to handle. Or she'll be happy for me and we'll be best friends for the rest of our lives. 

I see her make her way over to me. This is it. This is the day I come out to my soon-to-be ex girl friend. 

"Willie!" Dahlia says, happy to see me. I hope she'll still be happy to see me after this. I think to myself.

"Hey Dahli, thanks for meeting me." I say. I look at her face, she can tell something's up.

"What's wrong babe, you look sad." She says. Please forgive me for what I'm about to do.

"Can I have a hug." I ask. If this is the last time I hug her, I want to make it last.

"Of course!" She say, rushing over to hug me. 

"Okay, I have to tell you something." I say as I pull back.

"Alright, what is it, love." She says. This is going to be so hard.

"So, I've done a lot of thinking and I think it's time to tell you," I take a breath, looking at her face to try to calm myself down, "Dahlia, I'm gay." Oh my, god. I said. I finally told her. I finally told her and it feels amazing. This is until I see her face. Now I feel terrible.

"What?" She quietly. Oh no.

"Dahli, I-"

"NO, stop! I can't believe this. You're gay! How long have you known?" She says. I can't tell if she's angry or if she's heartbroken, I really can't tell. I've never seen her look like this.