The three all ran into the bathroom, looking at Rose wondering what was going on.

"What's wrong, Mommy? Is everything okay?" A seven year old Dahlia asked. 

"Oh, everything is wonderful, mi amor!" Rose exclaimed.

"What's going on, hun?" Ray said, holding Julie.

"Girls, you're going to have a little brother or sister. Ray, I'm pregnant!" Rose said happily, tears in her eyes.

Ray put Julie down and she ran to her big sister. The girls hugged and jumped up and down in circles. "We're going to be big sisters!" The girls yelled. Ray went over to his wife and kissed her.

"Thank you, my love." Ray said to Rose while they watched their daughters, smiling at their excitement.

"For what, love?" Rose asked. 

"For bringing more happiness into our lives, I mean, look at them. The girls are so happy." Ray responded.

Rose looked at her daughters and knew in that moment that she would do everything in her power to only see her children this happy.

9 months later

Rose gave birth to a baby boy who they named Carlos. The girls were so excited to have a little brother. Seeing her daughters so joyful with the baby made Rose so happy. She looked from her children to her husband. She didn't say anything, she just gave him a look and he knew exactly what she meant. It can't get better than this.

*~*~*~*~*

7 years later

Dahlia had finally turned 14 earlier that year. Her parents couldn't believe that their little Flower was 14 years old already. It seemed just like yesterday that they had brought her home. 14 years later and now they have 3 children and they couldn't be happier.

 Rose had taught her girls how to play instruments when they were younger. She taught Dahlia how to play the piano, guitar, drums, bass, and violin. She preferred to play the guitar and violin, but she would shred on the bass every now and then. Julie on the other hand only wanted to learn how to play the piano.  

Both girls had beautiful voices. Especially Dahlia. She loved to sing. She'd go down to the studio and just sing and play her guitar. 

So it wouldn't surprise anyone in the house to know that she was silently singing to herself while walking along the pier. She has her mother to thank for teaching her so much about music because now she has a wonderful ear. If not, she probably wouldn't have heard someone say.

"Whoa! Look out!" She heard a boy yell. Dahlia looked behind her and saw a boy wearing a helmet and pads. She looked down and she saw a skateboard coming towards her. She stopped with her foot and picked it up and walked to him.

"Sorry about that, I guess it got away from me." The boy said.

"It's fine, now one got hurt. I'm Dahlia, by the way." She introduced herself.

"I'm glad you're okay. I'm Willie." Willie said, introducing himself.

"Well Willie. I'm glad you're okay too. Even though your board almost hit me." She giggled. 

That was a sound Willie wanted to hear for the rest of his life. 

Dahlia and Willie spent more  time together and eventually started dating, the week before his 16th birthday.  They would always go down to the pier because that's where they met. It became their spot.