Chapter 9 : Last One Standing

ابدأ من البداية

He ran his hand through his hair as he replied, "Please, just leave it! I'll explain it later!" You took a step closer to him and looked into his eyes as you asked, "What's so important that you can't tell me? Why can't you explain it now?"

Kagari grabbed your wrists and said, "Because there is a crazy man trying to destroy the Sibyl System here!" ...That 'crazy man' is my brother!... And the Sibyl System is what's making you a prisoner for no reason!...

You loudly groaned in frustration as you pulled away from Kagaris grasp to continue to looking for Shougo. After a few minutes of searching you got a message from Shion telling you that Makishima isn't in the underground floors of the factory but on the ground floor. 

While once again groaning you started running up the stairs with Kagari following close behind you. You held the dominator tightly in your hands as you started searching the ground floor. In the distance you saw your brother detonate a bomb and disappear. ... Why would he detonate a bomb?! He told me nobody would get hurt!...

After arriving there you saw Inspector Ginoza crying over the corpse of Masaoka, an enforcer. Your eyes widened as you asked, "Ginoza... are you alright?" He glared up at you and ordered, "Get Makishima! Now!"

You nodded and quickly turned to run after Shougo. Kagari ran closely behind you asking, "What are you going to do?!" You ran faster while hissing, "Why do you care?! It was an order, after all!" ... Just shut up... after all, we can talk about it later...

While running through the stacks of containers you gripped the dominator tightly. You ran down a hallway to find Kogami and Shougo fighting. As Shougo turned to look at you he got stabbed by Kogami. Your eyes widened as he fell to the floor, gripping the wound. Panic started to fill you as you dropped the dominator onto the ground and ran toward him. With a few tears in your eyes you questioned, "Shougo... are you okay?"

Akane appeared from the darkness while aiming her dominator at Kogami and paralyzed him. She started staring at you and quietly asked, "So it is true... (Y/N) why?" Before you could answer Shougo pulled you close and held the knife to your neck as he said, "You two better stay back. Akane you should know what happens when you fail to listen." ... Shougo... maybe you are crazy but... I know you wont hurt me...

You avoided eye contact with them as Akane started to slowly tear up while Kagari glared at Makishima. Your brother then exited the building while holding the knife to your neck. After being completely out of sight he put away the knife and apologized for having to do that.

As you wanted to tell Shougo that you weren't mad, Kagari appeared. The enforcer had followe dthe blood trail that Shougo had left. And as he asked you this, betrayal was visible in his expression, "(Y/N) why? When they told me I couldn't believe it... I know I've been acting weird but... please listen to m-"

Shougo interrupted the enforcer as he looked at you then glared at Kagari, "I'll let you leave since I know killing you will hurt (Y/N). But I won't warn you twice." You looked at Kagari softly and offered, "Kagari you could come with us. Please?"

He shook his head while looking down at his metal bracelet, "I may hate the Sibyl System but people like him are just as bad! You know that this isn't the right thing to do!" Shougo then started advancing toward Kagari. You tried to stop him as you yelled, "Shougo, please don't kill him!" ... I'm sorry Kagari but... He's my only family left... I can't betray him!...

He nodded then quickly knocked out Kagari. You looked at Kagaris unconscious body. But you didn't have time to waste so you had to accept that he refused to come along with you. You then quickly looked away while grabbing Shougos wrist and pulling him toward the garage of the factory.