"Do you want to eat that here or keep walking?" Jisung asked Chenle once he had finished the transaction.

"Let's stay here," Chenle replied.

They found a seat away from the counter, at a small table for two tucked into one of the corners. The table was small and round. Jisung could easily lean over the table to kiss Chenle, which he did, because his boyfriend looked so pretty and now, after pining for years, he finally could.

Jisung watched Chenle eat his ice cream in silence for a few minutes, smiling at the joy he could see on the older's face. They weren't talking, but the silence between them was comfortable.

"Can I tell you something?" Chenle asked eventually, his voice low and nervous.

Jisung nodded, "Anything, you know that."

"I got a call from my parents this morning," Chenle started, fingers tapping nervously against the smooth surface of the table, "Actually, it was just from my mom. My dad was there too but he refused to talk to me. She basically told me that they're getting a divorce. My dad already packed up all of his things and left, and they're filing the divorce papers now. My mom is getting full custody of me, and my dad said he never wants to see me again. So, I guess I'll be going home now."

Chenle was staring down at the table, his gaze so intense that Jisung wouldn't have been surprised to see that it had burned holes through the table. Jisung reached out to cup Chenle's face in his hand, cradling his cheek. He made Chenle look him in the eyes, and used his other hand to brush the boy's hair away from his face.

"You don't have to go home yet if you don't want to," Jisung offered, "You can stay with me as long as you need. I'm always going to take care of you."

"Thank you, Sungie."

- 🐥 & 🐬 -

Renjun grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bowl in front of him, throwing it at Donghyuck, who had been teasing him about Jaemin. They had been bickering over who was more whipped in their respective relationships for the past ten minutes, and it didn't seem like they would be stopping anytime soon.

The answer was that they were both equally whipped, but Jisung wasn't going to say that. He didn't want to get involved in whatever fight they had going on this time.

Jisung discreetly grabbed Chenle's hand. He knew the rest of their friends were all too focused on the arguing to be paying attention to the couple, who hadn't yet told anyone about their relationship but planned to tell their friends that night.

"Are you too holding hands?" Renjun asked suddenly, raising an eyebrow in their direction.

"Wait, what?" Jaemin exclaimed.

Chenle looked down at their intertwined hands, smiling to himself. He looked back up to meet Jisung's eyes, and the younger blushed when their gazes met. He always blushed when Chenle looked him in the eyes, he couldn't help himself, it was a habit he hadn't yet been able to break, no matter how normal it was becoming.

Chenle giggled and kissed Jisung softly on the cheek, leaning closer to discreetly whisper in his ear, "I guess this is how we're telling them then?"

"What? WHAT? I WASN'T TOLD! NO, I'M NOT PREPARED!" Jaemin again.

"What was that for?" Jisung asked, scrunching his nose cutely. He pointedly ignored Jaemin.

"You just look cute," Chenle replied casually, as if it was completely fine to make Jisung's heart stutter dangerously, "What? Am I not allowed to kiss my boyfriend now?"

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! IT'S HAPPENING," Jaemin screeched, "MY BABIES! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! YOU'RE ALL GROWN UP NOW! BE RIGHT BACK I NEED TO GO CRY INTO A PILLOW!" A pause, "Wait. Jisung, you promised to tell me when this happened! I can't believe you! I feel like a proud mom."

He whipped away a stray tear that had fallen. He was genuinely crying, because that was how dramatic Jaemin could be when he felt like it.

"Calm down, Eomma Nana," Jisung said, shaking his head at the older's reaction, "It's not like we're getting married. We're just dating, there's no need to freak out."

"You don't want to marry me?" Chenle asked him, looking truly upset about it.

"Of course I do," Jisung was quick to reassure the smaller male, who leaned into his chest.

"You promise?"

"Yes, of course," Jisung agreed, "Just not now. We're still minors, we're not even legal to get married."

Chenle sighed contentedly, nuzzling into Jisung's chest. The taller wrapped his arms around the shorter, playing with strands of his boyfriend's hair. They looked like the picture of the perfect, domestic couple, with the movie playing in the background, long forgotten by everyone in the room, and the dimmed lighting in the room, broken only by the flashing light coming from the television screen.

"My kids are getting married! Be right back, sobbing."

"Jaemin, shut up, you're ruining the moment!"

- 🐥 & 🐬 -

𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 ShortLazyBanana
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎 𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑜𝑏𝑣𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑙𝑦 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢.
𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒.
𝑄𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛: 𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑎 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑘𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚 𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑛𝑣𝑜𝑙𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑘𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦?
𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑐 𝑠𝑜-