"Did you fight?" 

I shook my head. "She slipped and sprained her foot in school today." I tell him. "But I have a feeling it wasn't just a slip. Father had something to do with it."

When we got out of the elevator, I went straight to his office. Three guards were outside.

"Move." I tell them. They don't budge. 

"Move or i'll make sure you don't live to see the day." I hissed. I see them swallow hard and move. 

"Uhm so I guess I'll just wait here." Michael awkwardly scratches his head. 

When I entered the office, he was watching the news. He turns the volume down when he sees me. 

"Ah.. I was expecting you." I says, clasping his hands together as his elbows rested on the table. 

"You pushed her, didn't you?" I stood in front of his table. 

"I didn't. Your schoolmates did. I just told them to." He says, menacingly. I clenched my fists. "I told you to leave her alone."

"She won't find out, and if she will, she will keep it a secret." I said through gritted teeth. As angry as I am right now, I couldn't find the courage to stand against my father. 

"Calum, son. Do you think she would still want to be with you after learning who you really are?" He smirks. 

"She will leave you, Calum." He says, turning the volume up again. I stayed silent, my tongue tied up. It might be true, it was the only reason that was holding me back from telling Sophia. I know she loves me, but I don't know if she loves me enough. Enough to stay with me after I tell her the truth.

"I will tell her. Just please, leave her alone." I said, no, begged. 

He says nothing but smiles, not the smile a father gives his son, but what a mafia leader gives as a challenge. 

I feel a lump in my throat. 

"We'll see, Calum. We'll see just how much she can handle." He says.

Mia | POV

We live in a simple house. At least that's what the neighbors think. What they don't know is that we have a huge basement underground which stretches under their house too. 

I hear steps going down the basement stairs. 

"Mia, it's time for dinner." Gus taps my shoulder. I was looking through the monitor that shows CCTV footages. "Gus-gus I want a dog." I randomly blurted out.

We were on our way up the dining room. "Why say that out of the blue?" 

I pulled the chair out and sat across him. "Well, I was watching our neighbors walking their dogs and I kinda want one now." I shrugged as I got a few pieces of California Maki. Gus is a great cook, he made Japanese tonight. 

"You have to ask your father before you buy one." He says, chewing his sushi. 

"Okay. So, can I get a dog, father?" I grinned sheepishly. He rolls his eyes. "You real father, Mia."

"What are you talking about? I'm adopted?!" I faked a gasp. He drops his chopsticks and laughed. "Funny, really funny." He adds. 

"I'm just going to ask Ashton and tell him to tell the President." I rudely say. Angus merely smiles and shakes his head. 

Before I could grab my phone to text Ashton, the familiar ring tone rang around the house. 

"MMMGGHHHH." I groaned, shoving another Maki in my mouth. Angus gets up and walks to the phone. The phone was made specifically to make and receive phone calls from my real father. So when it rings, there's only one person waiting on the other line.