Chapter11

'Sarah love, Lucy's at the door' she heard her mother call from downstairs.

'Hi...' Lucy said as Sarah reached the bottom of the stairs. She waited for her mother to leave before she answered.

'I'll just go... and get the dinner started' her mother eventually said, making a point to tightly close the kitchen door behind her.

'I've got a taxi booked in ten minutes. You sure you don't want to come?'

'Positive' Sarah answered, she stood flat against the door with her arms firmly folded on her chest.

'I ask him to do one thing for me Luce and he can't even give something back.'

'Sarah, I think you're being a bit unfair'

Lucy's cheery expression swiftly changed to a dank one as she noticed Sarah's stubbornness wasn't about to change.

'Who's side are you on?'

'No one's... I ... it's not about sides.'

'Forget it Lucy, just go to the party. I've got better things to do.'

Sarah closed the door before Lucy had even left the doorstep but as she began to settle into a quiet family nigh, she could never what lay ahead.

The party was in full swing at Zander's and as the drunken, jolly chattering went on around them, Lucy and Zander sat shoulder to shoulder at the kitchen table.

'Sod Sarah' Zander drunkenly spat as he took another gulp of his whiskey.

'I invited her here, purely out of kindness...' he was interrupted by his alcohol induced hiccups. 'She can't even give me that without expecting something in return.'

Lucy shuffled closer to him and ran her finger up and down his bulging biceps.

'I can give you what you want' she whispered with a hint of provocativeness as his soft blue eyes met hers and his head pushed forward until their lips were touching.

'Come on' Zander said as he grabbed her hand and, pushing his way through the party goers, he lead her to his room upstairs.

Lucy was pushed onto the bed as Zander climbed over her and covered her neck in kisses. Zander pressed his body against Lucy's, slipping his hand inside her waistband and removing her bottom half.

Lucy groaned as she felt Zander's hardness grow between her legs. She breathed sharply as he slid inside her.

'Zan' she cried in ecstasy when his pace increased and she became accustomed to his size.

From inside his suit jacket pocket, which lay crumpled on the floor, Zander's phone began producing a muffled musical ringtone.

'Leave it' Lucy demanded as Zander attempted to lift his body off her.

***

Sarah lay in the darkness of her room with only the light of her phone for guidance. On the other end, the phone was continuously ringing until the voicemail message played.

'Zan, it's me. You probably know that though' she chuckled.

'I just want to say I'm sorry. I understand that you're not ready for that kind of commitment. I hope we can start again.'

***

Zander groaned from the thumping in his head and he rubbed his hands against the pain. A force held him down as he tried to sit up.