chapter eighteen

josie kept practicing her aim, she had only thought of doing it before but now she had a plan.

she was gonna kill her father.

her dad works late on thursdays, something about a client being exceptionally needy those day, but sometimes he comes home early if he gets too stressed out.

he always leaves a call telling her to stay at home and in an hour he would come home and force himself upon her.

she stopped trying to figure out why he did what he did a long time ago, though she still couldn't help but wonder.

was it because mum wasn't there to do it herself? but it didn't start happening until years after she died.

maybe she just got to the age where he found her attractive? but she was barely attractive she was 11 with a flat chest and braces.

or maybe he was just an sick bastard who needed his daughter to get him off because no one else will.

josie guessed it was the last one.

she had been trying to come to the dump as much as possible, she told her dad she had joined a study group for every friday to make it less suspicious that she wasn't home a lot.

sure it clogged up her schedule a bit, sunday she had church, monday she had dance, tuesday and wednesday was piano and singing lessons, thursday was her dad's day, and friday she now had filled up with practice. really her only day off was saturday and even then it was sometimes taken up by her dad or the dump.

she couldnt complain though, it would worth be worth it.

she had a cover story and everything for when the cops came to question her. plus to everyone else they were this perfect little family, and in what perfect little family does the daughter take a gun to the fathers head?

it was 4:28 on a Friday and josie, like every other week at 4-6 pm, was at the dump.

she had been doing this for around a month now, and every time she just had two hours of peace.

until today.

she had just shot at a row of bottles. only hitting 2/7 of her targets when she heard him.

"isn't there a royal ball that the princess is gonna miss?"

her head whipped around, terrified that it would be somebody important who caught her, only to see patrick hockstetter, derry's own personal psychopath.

"what do you want?" she spat out, hoping he would take the hint.

"nuthin', just wondering what the princess is doing outside of her kingdom?"

josie rolled her eyes, patrick had started calling her princess in 5th grade when she got out of her dads new expensive car that he just had to drive her in. apparently only royalty could afford nice things according to him.

"im not answering that." truthfully she couldnt, how was she supposed to?

what was she doing out here, in the middle of a dump, with a gun?

'oh just practicing to murder my pedophilic dad, what about you?' yeah, fat fucking chance.

patrick walked closer to her, heading behind her and leaning down to her ear.

"oh c'mon, won't you tell your old friend patty?"

truthfully, josie froze up initially. i mean he wasn't called derry's psychopath for no reason, but she eventually grew some balls and pushed him back. "piss off hockstetter, we aren't -and never were- friends."

patrick cackled but stepped back, placing a hand over his chest in feigned hurt, "you wound me richardson."

"good."

patrick only smirked as he grabbed a chair and sat down.

"what are you doing?"

"watching."

"and might i ask why you are watching?"

patrick gasps as if to mock the brunette. "josie richardson, the princess of derry, is in the middle of the dump with a handgun and you expect me to just walk away? nah im sticking around."

josie rolled her eyes again but opted to ignore him, holding up the gun again to aim.

A/N this one's extra short but domt worry because they'll be a double update! hope you're enjoying the story so far and don't forget to vote!