11 - sleeping beauty

Start from the beginning

Even knowing what Breech had done, she was mad. "What the hell, Bree? I said I was fine. I've got no obligation to you whatsoever."

"And you've got to obligation to him either!" He gestured to Klaus who lay on the ground.

"Yes, I do. We made a deal, Bree, I gave my word." She sighed, frustrated with this conversation.

"You always give your word at the most annoying moments." He paused, and Nora took that as a cue to interrupt.

"Just leave. Your kid needs to realize that people aren't always gonna be there! She needs to grow up. And you can tell her I said that." Nora kneeled next to Klaus and growled when she saw that Breech was still there. She turned and bared her fangs at him. "Leave."

Breech said something about her being selfish. "When he eventually tears your throat out, and he will, don't expect me to bring you back to life." And with that, he disappeared into an orange fog.

Nora knew that she was getting more mad than necessary, she could practically feel when she was losing control. But when she turned to look at Klaus' peaceful face, all anger dissipated. She sighed and picked him up, speeding him back to the hotel. "I ended up carrying you after all."

Nora-Naomi laid Klaus on the couch, admiring his sleeping and shirtless form slightly. She slid underneath him and laid his head in her lap. She bit her wrist and put it to his mouth and after a moment his left hand came up to grab her wrist.

"That's enough, Klaus." She said, attempting to pull her arm back but he only pulled harder. His eyes were gold with his veins coming out on his cheeks. "Klaus." She said louder than before.

Klaus started breathing heavy and let out a... moan? Nora nudged him on the head and he finally let go. She stared at the floor, wide-eyed.

Awkward af.

Klaus turned to look at her, shock written all over his face as well. "Nora?" She only hummed, not meeting his eyes. "I- I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I apologize." He sat up, remembering what happened before he was spelled unconscious.

"Breech is gone, if that's what you're looking for. And umm," She scratched her temple. "It's alright. It isn't your fault." Nora slid from underneath him and moved to the kitchen, ridding the room of its awkward tension. He followed her, bringing the tension right back with him.

Nora left hoping he would get the hint she didn't want to talk about it, but clearly, he didn't. Or maybe he did, just didn't care. The worst part about this situation was that she knew exactly what that was and he most likely didn't.

She was Klaus' soulblood.

A soulblood is basically a soulmate but for blood. Every vampire has a soulblood but it's extremely rare to find them given they're usually human and the blood has no special smell. The odds of it being another vampire and even more rare. Basically, Klaus is now addicted to her blood. Great.

"I didn't use venom, did I?" Klaus asked sheepishly,  gesturing to her arm and breaking her from her thoughts. She showed him her wrist and he sighed in relief when there was no bite mark visible.

"Nope. All good." She grabbed two blood bags and tossed him one. She tossed him a shirt as well.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Klaus asked, moving to sit on the counter.

"Yup, a lot of fun." She nodded and smiled. "Right up until the part where I'm your soulblood." Her smile then turned sarcastic and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's a soulblood?" He looked over to see her sitting on the floor, playing with an arrowhead. She always seemed to be pulling weapons from thin air, one of the many things he liked about her.

It made sense he didn't know, it's a witch's story more than a vampire's. "Right. Witches aren't very fond of you." She was talking to herself but Klaus heard. She turned her head to him with an awkward expression. "I wasn't really listening when Bree was explaining but, I'll try." He smiled, meaning for her to continue.

"This old guy, Silas, and his girlfriend, Qetsiyah were about to be married. They had this immortality spell they were going to take together but on the day of the wedding, Silas didn't show. Turns out he was going to use the spell on a side chick he had and not Qetsiyah."

"Immortality spell? Like vampires? But we're the first."

"Mmm, well, guess you're not." She shrugged. "Anyways, Silas took the potion but the side chick, Amara, didn't. He would need blood to survive, so Qetsiyah figured she would make Amara's blood addictive so that Silas would kill her. She must've got her wires crossed because she didn't just do that to Silas, but every bloodsucker in the world."

"So, I'm addicted to your blood?" He realized, and she nodded, spinning the arrowhead on the floor. "That would explain the tingly feeling in my throat right now."

"Yes, it would. And turns out Silas is like, deranged and sleeping somewhere now. Let's hope we never run into him."

"And have you found yours? Your soulblood I mean."

"Yes and no. He's dead, murdered by Emery, the evil goddaughter." She said, not sounding sad at all. Because she wasn't, he was an old wrinkly guy anyway. Quite the turn-off when it comes to feeding.

Her eyes began struggling to stay open. "Tired, love?" Klaus asks.

"Well, it is four in the morning." She paused, remembering she had only seen one bed. He must've known what she was thinking because he had a devilish smirk on his face. "Well, that sucks." She mumbled.

Klaus faked a hurt expression to which she smiled sarcastically. "Well, you had no issue sleeping with me last time, and the other rooms were all taken. My hybrids need somewhere to lay their heads as well."

"Fine. Let's sleep." Nora grabbed Klaus's hand and pulled him to the bedroom. After changing into sweatpants she lay on her side, facing Klaus as he lay on his back.

Klaus' heartbeat was steadying out as Nora asked a question. "Do you believe all those rumors about me?" She whispered. Klaus turned his head to look at her.

"How do you mean?"

"Now that you know me, do you believe all the rumors about me being heartless?"

Klaus immediately shook his head. He put a finger under her chin and made her look at him. "Absolutely not." He whispered, pushing some of her hair out of her face and she looked away in disbelief. "If you're considered heartless I would be considered the devil. Do you think I'm the devil?"

"Absolutely not." She mimicked, looking straight into his eyes.

"Well, there is your answer." At that Nora moved closer to the hybrid and laid her head on his arm, gripping it slightly. Klaus smiled lovingly at her because to him she was absolutely adorable.

"Goodnight, Klaus."

"Goodnight, my beautiful."