CH 69. A Long Road

Start from the beginning

"I love you," He mouthed to me silently.

"I love you," I reciprocated back.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls. From what I've been told, it has been a long and winding road that has led us all here today," Bill said opening the ceremony. "There's a muggle saying in a book that Elodie gave me once, it says 'When you meet your soulmate, remember that the act to bring you together was 500 years in the making. So always appreciate and be kind to each other.' I'm not sure how much everyone here knows about these two, but I don't think there's ever been a more accurate saying that would fit," He said, causing a few 'aww's' and some laughter to come from the audience. "Fred, you first?" Bill said and turned to Fred who took out a piece of parchment from inside of his dress robes, earning a few laughs, and a huge smile from myself.

"Elodie Lilian Potter, you are a hurricane, similar to the one brewing outside, but the only place I want to be is in the eye of the storm. When I first laid my eyes on you, it felt like I'd never seen anything so perfect. You had these huge green eyes, and this beautiful auburn hair. I spent the next 7 years telling everyone how much I loved you, and how I wouldn't be completely happy until I had you by my side. And when you told me that you loved me, it felt like...well, it felt like I'd never been so whole. Like I was finally able to breath. And never has a day gone by where I haven't been so completely enamored by you. So, my vow to you is this: I vow to always listen before a disagreement. To always wash the dishes, while you dry. And to always make you smile and laugh, even when it seems too hard to bear. I've never met anyone else like you, and I full heartedly believe that I never will. No one has ever made me feel a fraction of what you do. Through this life, I know I'll never hold anyone else in my eyes or in my heart as I do you. I will stay by your side everyday. And I promise to always earn you, fight for you, and love you unconditionally for the rest of my life."

There was sniffing coming from the attendees, myself included. "Are you crying Ron?" I heard Sirius ask.

"No," He said heavily.

"Can I kiss her yet?" Fred asked Bill eagerly as he reached for my hand to give it a squeeze.

"Not quite yet," Bill told him, holding up a hand to let him know he needed to be patient. "Elodie, If you would," He said to me.

"Fredrick Gideon Weasley, you are a piece of work, and I want so badly to be able to explain all the love I have for you. Not the love of butterflies and stomach knots, but the ups and downs that we have encountered together. My vow to you is, to laugh with you, and tell you I love you, every day before going to sleep. To agree to disagree on carrot cake," I said.

"Vegetable bread," He said, interrupting but laughing as he did it.

"And when the time comes that we're old and gray, I promise to still see you with the same eyes and the same heart that I see you with at the peak of our love. You taught me that when you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand alone again. I didn't fall in love with you because I was broken and in need of fixing. No, I fell in love with you because after seeing the deepest depths of your soul, I wanted to make you a permanent part of my world. You have made me feel wanted, and safe and loved and I promise to make you feel the same way for the rest of my life."

"Okay now I'm crying," Ron said.

"Me too," Sirius said as he sniffled.

"Can I kiss her now?" Fred asked Bill again as his voice cracked slightly.