The bus doors had opened for him as he jumped up and skipped the 1st and 3rd steps on the way in. His eyes trailed back each seat as he took steps closer to the seat occupied by the kind hearted, gypsy.

"Good morning." Esme had said kindly to Warren as he sat down.

Her smile made the butterflies in his stomach begin to flutter and dance around, he tried to suppress it. It was no use.

"Mornin'." Warren replied back with a lack of emotion in it.

But even just that simple word, made Esme's eyes widen in amazement. Picking up her head and looking up, her mouth hung just a bit.

"Did you...did you really just say something back to me?" Esme's face lit up like it was her birthday or she had gotten an A on a mad science project.

Warren couldn't help but internally chuckle, looking at the young girl with a raised eyebrow.

"I do talk y'know. Just don't get use to it." Warren retorted before standing up and walking off the bus that had descended and hit the pathway of Sky High.

Esme's cheeks had flared up a wild shade of pink, giggling softly as she kept rewinding the scene in her head.

'He actually spoke to me. Holy cow!'

Feet dragging along the aisle of the bus, Esme said her goodbyes to Ron before hopping off the bus. Quickly making her way up the steps to her locker, she put the combination in slowly and popped it open at the right time.

Warren's was just a few lockers down from hers, but felt so far away in her mind.

Getting her things out for Mad Science, she shut her locker and made her way to the class room to begin her new year.

•○•

While sitting alone at the desk that the two heroes shared during class, a figure loomed over her every move. Following the young gypsy from the courtyard, to the lockers, to Mr. Medulla's classroom.

Figuring a plan in their head, they slowly slunk away to their homeroom. A plan in mind to destroy the happy little ray of sunshine that walked the halls of Sky High, once and for all.

•○•

"So...what did you get for number 4?" Esme, puzzled and totally confused, asked Warren who sat across from her at their desk.

"That's the easiest one." Warren replied back to her with a small smirk on his face.

"I'm sorry! This subject matter is just really hard right now." Esme chuckled softly before turning back to face her homework.

Warren shook his head before showing her where the answer was in their textbook.

"Ohhhh." Esme realized before writing down the answer, just as Mr. Medulla began to collect there work.

Passing time came soon for everyone and it meant that lunch was next. Warren accompanied the young gypsy to lunch and made sure she wasn't to tossed awound before sitting at his table with no lunch.

Esmerelda watched as he sat down at their table without getting up for food. It worried her because she's never really seen him eat anything in the past several months that they've been attending school together. Shrugging it off she grabbed her lunch and began making her way towards their table, her big, green eyes catching Warren's choclately brown as she smiled at him.

Continuing on her path to their table, Esme was oblivious to the long outstretched hand that slithered across the cafeteria floor. Black and white stripes covering the arm as it reached her ankle, tripping her in the middle of the lunch room making her spill all of her food onto Warren.

Esme's head collided with the floor hard, making a split in her forehead which began to gush out blood faster with each second she lied on the floor.

Warren was beyond pissed, he was infuriated. First, because someone had tripped Esme, secondly all of her food got over him, and third, there she laid on the floor with a giant gash in her forehead.

Standing up Warren looked from side to side, until he found who he was looking for. Speed and Lash were on the other side of the cafeteria, laughing and cackling amongst themselves. Raising their eyebrows they saw how Warren was standing and staring them down.

His arms were engulfed in flames as he let out a huge battle cry, throwing a large fireball towards the two bullies who dared to hurt his friend.

They were lucky though because they both had powers that got them out of trouble quickly.

Yasmine had been in the cafeteria as well, seeing the whole situation first hand. She ran over to Esmerelda and picked her up, with the help of another student who carried her to the infirmary.

But Warren wasn't finished with the two hero bullies that made his entire body want to flare up into one giant flame. He ran after the two cowards, throwing fireballs at ever shot he could get. Leaving the halls of the school engulfed in flames, those with freeze powers stopped the fireballs once they came in contact with the walls.

As Warren got to the end of the hallway, Principal Powers was standing their with her arms crossed. Lash and Speed infront of her with fear in their eyes from the two powerful heroes who stopped them.

Warren was on a path, Principal Poeers could tell, a path that would either be good or bad. She couldn't yet tell. She didn't want one of her brightest students living up to the subject of being a villainous child. But she also understood why he was upset and angry.

"All three of you, in my office. Now."