9th Chapter: CAREFUL

Start from the beginning

"Of course, sir. Would you like anything else?"

"Warm water, thank you."

"Right away. I will bring your order shortly."

He checked his watch and it was already
a quarter to 8. Taking his medicine a bit late might not be a bad thing, he thought. He examined the place and felt a bit satisfied with its classical yet elegant aura and the Chinese music fitted the atmosphere best. It was soothing to the ears and Xiao Zhan found it calming.

While waiting for his order, he checked his phone and found a new message from his best friend, Yubin.

"See you next week."

Xiao Zhan's face glowed. He misses him, he misses Shanghai, he misses Chongqing and his family a lot. He was about to reply to Yubin back when the food arrived. Yubin can wait, he thought. He started munching the salad and smiled at how good it was and the tea was splendid too, light, sweet and refreshing. Xiao Zhan was halfway from finishing his salad when he saw a familiar face enter the door. He stopped for a second trying to remember who it was. Then it was him, it was Yibo's brother Haikuan along with another guy.

Haikuan immediately noticed him and smiled. Xiao Zhan saw him whispering something to the other guy and the two walked in his direction. Xiao Zhan smiled slightly and stood up with a polite gesture. They both extended their hands for a quick handshake.

"Mr. Xiao Zhan, hi. Nice to see you again."

"Yes, good to see too again, Mr. Wang Haikuan."

They both looked at the man standing next to Haikuan who was a bit anxious.

"Oh. Mr. Xiao. This is my friend, Yu-Cheng."

"Hello, Mr. Yu Cheng. I'm Xiao Zhan. Nice to meet you." Extending his hand to the man. He noticed Cheng oddly staring at him so he shifted his eyes again at Haikuan and just smiled.

"Alone Mr. Xiao? Mind if we join you?"

"I'm just about to finish, but sure Mr. Wang. Have a seat please."

"Thank you and please, enough with the formalities. You can just call me Haikuan. Please continue eating."

"Oh. Well, is that so. Alright then, Hiakuan. Call me Zhan."

They both chuckled and continued their meal. He looked at Cheng again who was still staring at him. Feeling a bit uneasy, he asked him why.

"Mr. Yu, is there anything on my face?"

Both Haikuan and Cheng were surprised by the sudden question. But, Haikuan just pressed his lips and stared at his friend and Cheng tittered at his embarrassment.

"Oh. I'm sorry Mr. Xiao, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, it's just that..you look like someone I've met."

"Oh. It's fine. People kept oddly looking at me today."

"You mean, Yuta?" Haikuan asked. Xiao Zhan's eyes widened a little at Cheng. It is a small world, after all, he thought.

"Oh..Mr. Yu, how do you know Yuta?"

"You know him, Mr. Xiao?"

"Ahh, yes. He was a friend of mine Mr. Yu."

"I've met him a couple of times before. Small world, huh."