Chapter 5

Ertugrul POV

     Ertugrul heard some whispering outside his door, he dragged himself to the door to listen in. There was a quickly speaking female voice, whispering something. He only caught a snatch of the conversation. Suddenly a young male voice interrupted. "In conclusion the best time to break out is during  the Nowruz feast. I will sneak away saying I forgot my gift inside."                     "I'll lure the guard in the cell and take his keys."                                                                                                       "Then we will get Ertugrul."                                                                                                                                                "And leave from the back then go to the tribe." He heard some rustling. "Find a way to get this to him, he must know what we're going to do." said the female voice.                                                          "Tamam, I must go now." Ertugrul heard footsteps, they got louder. They stopped outside his cell. Ertugrul slipped a small dirk out of his sleeve and struggled to his feet. He got ready. The door swung open and a young man came in looking confused.  Quick as lightning Ertugrul grabbed him and held the dirk to his neck. "Kim san?" he asked. The man struggled.                           "Yazan Alp, I bring a message for you!" he choked out. Ertugrul let him go.                                      "From who?"                                                                                                                                                                             "You will find out soon." he said. He handed him a scroll, looked around the hallway. And left. Ertugrul looked at the scroll. This handwriting was so familiar. Dear Ertugrul Bey, I am trying to help you escape. Tonight there will be a feast, the alp that brought you this will help us escape at that time, You will meet me then. I miss you and the tribe more then you could know. - Someone from your past.  Ertugrul got ready he paced back and forth he sharpened his dirk. He figured out where they kept his sword by listening to the guards conversations. Finally night fell. He saw Yazan Alp through the bars on the doors. He approached one of the guards. "Guard, Yagiz alp needs help with some intruder alerts in the forests at he front of the tribe! Go help him." the guard left after much reluctance. Yagiz left quickly. Their was still one guard. The woman in the cell opposite to him started to wail. "Owww, Owwww." she groaned.                                                            "What?! What?!" the guard yelled.                                                                                                                                     "I'm so hungry! Just let me out and ill tell Ilibilge hatun what she wants to know!" The guard smiled triumphantly. He opened the cell door and entered. Ertugrul heard a crash. The guard guards legs stuck out from behind the wall. He could hear the guard choking and struggling. Clearly the woman in the cell had him in a headlock. The struggling stopped. HIs legs went still. A hand snatched the keys from his legs. Someone in a hood cautiously walked to his cell and unlocked it. The woman smiled at him. The hood fell away. Halime Sultan was looking at him. Erturgul stared at her for a long time. "I must be dead." he whispered in shock. She shook her head."I was taken away from you Ertugrul, You can thank Almila Hatun for that."                                             "My Halime? Halime!" He grabbed her. He hugged her so tight.                                                                    "I am here Ertugrul! I have missed you all so much!"  She whispered to him.                                             "Halime, so much has happened, Our children have grown up!" Her eyes bulged. She gripped him by the shoulders, "Osman is alive?" He nodded.                                                                                    "We found someone to nurse him."                                                                                                                                   "Chok shokure." She sighed. "I miss them so much my heart hurts."  They stood thee hugging each other tightly.