Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Welcome to McKinley!
-Principal Figgins to Miller siblings
—————————————————

Nearly 3895 words

3rd person pov

During summer break Ember was in rehab and she can talk again, but it wasn't as easy as it was, she limps now sometimes with one leg and when she wants she uses crutches. But long walks she can't, because her knee will hurt. She loved always to sing with her best friend Liz, but now she isn't here anymore, and she hadn't sang once during the summerbreak, she thought she would never sing again.

James Miller helped with the recovering from Ember. Or when Ember was told that Liz wasn't there anymore, he helped her to get all her thoughts again together. James also thought that it went better with Ember, but Ember hid her feelings for James, and put walls around her. To keep her safe from getting hurt.

So when the Millers moved to Lima, Ohio for a fresh start for the siblings and a job for the mother, Ember was relieved. She didn't need the pity looks she would get from classmates or friends, she wouldn't have to think about Liz when she saw something where she and Liz always were or went.

James wasn't happy to move to another land and to have a fresh start. He would miss his friends, and he thought it would be better for Ember to stay in the Netherlands to recover mental and physical.

When the Millers arrived in Lima and at their new house, they went inside and chose all a bedroom. Ember and James went straight to bed, 'cause they needed to go to school the next morning.

.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.

The next morning Ember and James got in the car, but Ember wasn't with her head in the car. She was spaced out, it happened always since the accident. She would let her fantasy take over and she would daydream everytime she was in a car.

James rode because of that and he watched his younger sister once in a while. To checkup if everything was alright. He knew that Ember thought that he knew she was fine. But he knew his sister better then that, he knew that Ember was quieter and that she hadn't the light in her eyes anymore from when Liz was with her. So he knew she had walls around her and she was fighting a war in her head. But he also knew to let her, because she would otherwise put the walls higher up and he needed to break them.

.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.

When the Miller siblings arrived at William McKinley High School, James tapped Ember on her shoulder to get her back in the car, so she could get out of the car. Ember climbed out of the car and took her backpack from the backseat. Then she waited for her brother to go searching for the principal's office.

While walking around the school to search for the office, there was a boy with an afro look interviewing some people. The first two people Jacob Ben Israel found, were none other than Rachel Berry and Finn Hudson.

James looked weird to the trio, and he heard a conversation about controlist, but he thought that it was controlling not controlist. But he was pulled by Ember to walk faster, so he walked faster.

.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.

Arriving at the principal's office, they met principal Figgins. Figgins told all the information they needed for the next year and he told the club activity. At last he gave both their schedules and the lockernumber + lockercombination.