Forgetting

Forgetting

We forget our history                                                                                                    We want something new                                                                                              We want to be special                                                                                                  We want to be more.

Yet, we forget the little, precious things                                                                That we had for a long, long time                                                                        That seemed to have lost meaning                                                                          That we take for granted.

And when they are taken                                                                                              From us                                                                                                                            Then we weep and cry                                                                                                 Screaming about how unfair it is.

Once again forgetting                                                                                                     That we have long lost our right                                                                               To them                                                                                                                                When we chose to forget them.