The field broke into a forest and they followed the path inside it. It had taken them much longer than it normally did for him and Link would have to get Sheik on a horse at some point, it would make their lives a lot easier. He wondered if Sheik's hatred of horses was for the same reason he detested the paraglider. Horses were better than a paraglider though, he could show him or he could even ride with Link. They'd try next time and he'd start him slow. Link was pretty sure he was considered a decent rider, so Sheik would be safe with him. So long as Sheik trusted him.

   He did, right? Link trusted Sheik. Surely after all of this, the feeling was mutual.

   "Link, up ahead, there's a person."

   He turned his gaze in the direction that Sheik pointed him to and blinked. Indeed there was a person, a girl, and she seemed to be crying. Sheik stopped in front of her and waved to catch her attention. "Are you alright?"

   She sobbed and hiccuped, rubbing her red and swollen face. "I--I need--"

   Link blinked and had a sinking feeling in his gut. This was familiar. "Need what?" He prompted, reaching for his sword.

   "I need--roasted salmon!" Shit. She picked her head up and grinned a rotten look. "And the Hero's life!" She cackled and jumped back, a cloud of smoke appearing around her and taking on the usual form of the Yiga. A normal one at least, not one of the more annoying blademasters. She swung the sickle around and formed a few hand signs and went to thrust it into the ground.

   Sheik jumped back and Link rolled to the side as the Yiga teleported away again. "What the hell is that?"

   "Yiga!"

   "Yiga? The thing I was accused of being before?"

    Oh. Link had forgotten about that and he never had a chance to explain them. Well, he'd do that once they'd chased the footsoldier off. They both hurried to their feet as the Yiga returned and as Link went to grab for his bow and arrow Sheik suddenly started playing music. He stopped moving, turned to look at his companion and watched the other throw his hand forward. Light followed the tips of his fingers, caught the Yiga soldier and brought them to the ground. The Yiga struggled to shake them off, rolling and twisting around yet unable to free himself. Link slowly released bow and stepped over to Sheik's side.

   "Neat trick."

   "Doesn't last long." He mutters and then quickly makes his way over to the Yiga, kneeling in front of them. "Hey, you, explain to me what this is. Why are you disgracing the Sheikah Tribe with a mockery of our symbol?"

   "Tch! As if the Sheikah deserve any respect!" She spit toward Sheik's face but it didn't faze him.

   "You use skills our clan has taken hundreds of years to master and you dare say that?"

   "Master Kohga will free us once the Hero is defeated and Ganon is free to rule! No longer will we be outcast and bound to the shadows!" The spell wore off and they leapt away, vanishing in a puff of smoke the same way they always arrive. Sheik stood back up and brushed his clothes off, still frowning.

   "The Yiga are a clan that abandoned the Sheikah Tribe when they were outcast from Hyrule. Impa told me the technology they invented made others fear them. Members of the Sheikah took to living apart from Hyrule, in the mountains where Kakariko is, abandoning their technology and the others that didn't agree with that became the Yiga." He picked the dropped bananas and rupees up, slipping them into his bag. When he turned back around Sheik was still staring at the spot the Yiga was in. "You okay Sheik?"

   "It's always the same." Link blinked and the other turned away from him, pulling his braid over his shoulder and picking the leaves from it. "What happens. It's always the same it seems. Eventually maybe they'll succeed in finishing off our tribe. We don't learn from history and it repeats itself. And even if we do learn, it seems it still repeats. What a vicious, endless, cycle."