New Years Special

I know it's early, but I wanted to release this chapter a bit earlier today so you can have time to spend with family and friends on New Year's Eve! Have a wonderful new year babies!

It was cold outside the apartment window, and the birds weren't chirping, the only sound that could be heard was the quiet snores of Aone. He laid sprawled about against his shared bed with (L/n) clinging to his side, like she did every night.

It was their first New Years together since being separated in high school, and reuniting after during college, and their love for each other was as pure as ever.

(L/n) had been the first to wake up, being startled by Kiki, her cat. Kiki had jumped on the bed, mewling and whining greedily for his food. The woman let out a low groan, covering her ears with her hands and burying her face further into Aone's chest.

"Go away. Ten more minutes!" (L/n) whined in return, waking Aone in the process. "Hm?" The man hummed, reaching a hand out to stroke (L/n)'s hair.

"Kiki wants his food." She said, hoping that Aone would get up and feed Kiki so that she wouldn't have to.

"Mhmm." Aone hummed, only half awake and unable to comprehend her words.

"Will you go feed him?"

"Mhmm hm mmhm." Aone replied - well tried to reply. That meant no.

(L/n) let out a puff of air and untangled herself from her boyfriends arms. Instantly Aone shot up into a sitting position on the bed, staring at (L/n) with half opened eyes. "Where are you going?" He mumbled, his voice still groggy and rough.

(L/n) let out a small laugh because Aone had always done that when she got up to leave the bed. He had always jumped up like she had thrown water at his face and asked where she was going.

Every morning he did this, and she would tell him the same thing.

"I'm going to go feed Kiki."

"Oh." He said, trying to rub the sleepiness from his eyes.

He watched as she climbed off the bed, and he could faintly hear Kiki's food hitting his metal bowl. He looked around his room - well their room - and admired it. (L/n) had been the one to decorate it, dragging him around their furniture stores and home decor stores to make the room "feel homey".

(L/n) suddenly ran into the room, jumping on top of Aone and wrapping her arms around his warm body. "Happy New Years!" She grinned up at him.

"It's only New Year's Eve, I don't think it counts." Aone frowned at her. "Eh, same thing." She replied, burying her head into the crook of his neck. He wrapped his arms around her body in return, smiling as she hummed affectionately.

"Happy New Years." He said.

After a moment they pulled apart from eachother slightly, and (L/n) leaned up to give him a quick peck on the cheek, Aone gladly accepted it with a fond smile.

"Come on, let's get ready." She said, climbing off his lap and grabbing ahold of his wrist to drag him to the bathroom. "I'm coming, I'm coming." He said.

"That's what she said." (L/n) whispered devilishly, and Aone let out a deep chuckled.

"Gross." He teased, flicking the back of her head.

"Ow!"

And he let out another laugh.

"Takanobu, your walking too slow!" She whined, and he walked slower just to tease her.

"Oh please , your the one who's slow. You take ages  in the shower." He reminded her.

"We could always shower together, it would save some time." She joked playfully, placing a kiss on his cheek as they entered the bathroom.