The First Day

I always wished that my life would change. Not for the worse, but for the better. Usually, something good would happen in my life, and then all of a sudden, the goodness would explode like a phoenix. And like a phoenix, whenever the goodness would form again it would just keep exploding. I wanted something more than just that cycle over and over again.

My name is Gerard Way. I'm 17 years old. I'm in high school. I have a brother named Mikey, and he plays the bass. He's talented as hell on it, too. usually Mikey and me would make up songs and then he would learn how to play it and I would sing it.

I sing, but honestly, I don't think anyone even cares. I don't think I'm that talented in singing, but Mikey thinks I'm amazing.

The second month into my last year of high school, my life definitely changed. This time for the better, at least I think so.

I was always the outcast my previous years of high school.

You know the kid that no one talks to everyone makes fun of? Ta-da.

I was having a really bad day, that day. I sat alone, with my head resting on the cafeteria table. Somebody threw an apple at my back. I lifted my head up and turned around to see who it was. Of course, someone threw another one and that one hit me in the face. I sighed. As I heard a scatter of laughs, I stood up and walked away calmly, using all the strength I had trying not to massacre everyone there. Suddenly, as I was walking away, I bumped into someone. They dropped their books on the ground. I looked back, expecting one of those popular girls to be all like "GERARD JUST HIT ME!!"

It was a guy. He was pretty small. Smaller than me, I think. I couldn't really tell his height since he was leaning down picking his books up from the ground.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked him.
Slowly, I kneeled down and picked up some of his books. He looked up at me, faking a smile.
"Thank you," he said emotionlessly.
I didn't see him after that, until the next day.