Blast from the Past, Eh?

"So..... V.I.L.E wasn't trying to steal the dolls?" Ivy asked on the plane.

  "No," Player replied, "They never set foot in the museum."

  "ACME must have chased them off," Carmen reasoned. But, the incident in Singapore confused her, too. 

  V.I.L.E didn't scare that easily.

  What changed?

  "That's.... not exactly what happened," Zack spoke up, hesitantly.

  Shadowsan looked at him oddly, "What do you mean?"

  Zack took in a heavy inhale. "I... never went to look for a burger," he admitted, "I went back to the museum."

  Ivy bolted up, "What? Why? You left us to fend for ourselves, and you didn't even get any grub? Not cool!"

  "Oh, you were fine," Zack said defensively. "Trust me, I would've liked a good burger more than any of us. But no, I didn't trip on the sidewalk and loose the food. I just never went for food in the first place."

  "I wasn't even there," Player said, "But I agree with Ivy. Not. cool."

 Carmen's eyes narrowed. "The fact still stands, Zack. You lied, and we can't have that. Why'd you do it?"

  Zack looked to the floor, "I'm.... not sure if I can answer that. I'm still coming to terms with it myself."

  Player cocked his head, "Can you at least tell us what happened at the museum? It doesn't have to be overly detailed."

  Zack looked up, thought about it, and nodded. 

  "One of the ACME agents was sent outside on patrol. He came into contact with V.I.L.E operatives, Flytrap and Spinkick. You know, the lady with a weird accent and her pal?"

  Ivy scoffed, "Go on."

  "Well, Flytrap threw the rope thing at the agent, tying him to a pole. I was sure he was done for, but then they spoke to him. Not even mockingly, they were simply introducing themselves. They talked a while. The agent was annoying them a lot, and he tricked them into letting him free. He lost his gas gun on the way though, and that's when the cleaners showed up."

  Shadowsan's eyes widened in surprise, and it was very difficult to surprise Shadowsan.

  "The cleaners? There?"

  Zack looked grim, "He was distracted, and got kicked to the ground. They came towards him, and it looked like they were about to grab him. That's when ACME showed up. They got away without the agent but...." he shook his head.

  Shadowsan finished the thought for him, "It was never about the dolls. It was about the agent guarding them."

  Zack looked back at the floor, averting his gaze, but responded, "Yeah. It was."

  Ivy looked skeptical, "What was so special about one ACME agent? I'm sure they wouldn't put so much effort into one person unless they were really important."

  Zack didn't answer. He was never quiet, so it was a clear message that he was done talking.

  "This is the one time I don't want you to shut up, bro," Ivy complained.

  "Sorry to disappoint," he responded.

  "Fine," Carmen huffed, "We'll figure it out ourselves. Player, check the security cameras."

  "No use Red, they were shut off for the heist that never happened," he said. "Our only clue is Zack."

  "C'mon bro, you've got to spill," Ivy nagged him.