Article 2 - Section 40

Começar do início

"Mrs. Alarcon?" tawag ni Brent.

"You claimed that the woman in the conversation recorded by one of the suspects is not you?" he asked and Tita Arlene immediately nodded in confirmation.

"Your honor, we had conducted a voice analysis between the voice recorded and Mrs. Alarcon's voice. The results here says..." he trailed off with the purpose of giving everyone the suspense as he presented the scanned result of the voice analysis that we had conducted, courtesy of Forbes' connections.

"Positive. The woman giving the order of execution of Attorney Rebekah Claire Alarcon and Ms. Rosalie Natividad is no other than Mrs. Arlene Alarcon, the wife of the victim." Brent said seriously as he faced the crowd before him. He then took a sharp turn to give Tita Arlene a fierce stare off.

"We can provide all the necessary documents to prove the authenticity of the report," he said as he stared at Tita Arlene who still looked shocked but was obviously looking for a way out. But sorry na lang siya, I had the best team of lawyers behind me.

"We would like to ask the prosecution to charge Mrs. Alarcon with multiple case of attempted murder and homicide," Brent said as he turned to look at the prosecutor who was silently watching the scene unfold.

We silently listen as the minutes of the hearing was laid out in front, waiting for the final decision of the court as of now.

"Due to presented evidences, Mrs. Arlene Alarcon would be charge with mutiple cases of attempted murder and homicide. She's also being summoned by the court to show up for the next hearing. The prosecution also requested for an immediate arrest for the suspect effective today, October 10, 2020." maluha-luhang tumayo si Mommy para yakapin ako. I stood up to welcome her and hugged her back. She cried on my shoulder as her embrace tigthened.

"Konting tiis na lang Mommy. Daddy would get the justice he deserves." bulong ko sa kanya na agad naman niyang tinanguan.

"The accused, Fryje Alarcon would be stripped off of charges of murder but would still be under the custody for further investigation for possible involvement in the crimes. If the investigation revealed her as an accessory and/or an accomplice of the crimes committed, she would be given a justifiable verdict."

We all watched as Tita Arlene was hand-cuffed before she was taken out of the courtroom followed by Fryje who was throwing dagger glares towards me. I responded with a mocking smile before I politely asked the police officers who was with her to stop for a while.

"Masaya ka na? Inagaw mo na nga si Daddy sakin dati, sinira niyo na ang pamilya namin, ngayon pati kalayaan namin ni Mommy kinukuha niyo rin?" galit na galit niyang bungad nang tuluyan na akong makalapit sa kanya. Sa tingin ko nga ay nasabunutan na niya ako sa galit niya kung hindi lang siya nakaposas.

"Hindi namin kukunin ang kalayaan niyo kung hindi niyo pinlanong kunin ang buhay namin ng Mommy ko." matapang kong sagot sa kanya na mas nagpasama ng timpla ng mukha niya. Nagulat ang mga pulis ng bigla niyang i-angat ang mga kamay niya at mabilis kong nakita ang gunting na hawak niya. Hindi agad ako naka-react at maging ang mga pulis na nasa gilid niya nang umakto siyang isasaksak sakin ang gunting.

Napasinghap ako nang makita ang pag-tulo ng dugo mula sa palad ni Brent. He caught her hands pero tumama sa palad niya ang matalas na gunting. Mabilis na lumipat sa mukha niya ang mga mata ko.

Akala ko ay nakakatakot na ang galit na pinakita niya noon kay Fryje. But that expression on his face way back before was nothing from the expression he is showing right now.

He was livid.

Nanginginig ang mga kamay ni Fryje na hawak hawak ni Brent. Her eyes were wide open too.

"B-brent..." she called out as a lone tear fell from her eye. Doon pa lang ata natauhan ang mga pulis sa tabi niya agad na inagaw sa kanya ang gunting na hawak.

Nakatingin parin sa kanya si Brent.

"I thought I knew you." he said in a low voice, almost a whisper. Nakita ko ang sunod-sunod na pag-tulo ng luha ni Fryje.

"You were important to me, Fryje. Inakala kong nagkakaganoon ka lang dahil sa unfair na pakikitungo ng Daddy mo but you... you shouldn't have resulted into this." mariin niyang saad.

"This is attempted murder, Fryje. And you were trying to murder your sister. My girlfriend." ramdam na ramdam ko ang galit sa boses ni Brent habang sinasabi niya iyon sa kapatid ko. I wanted to stop him and have his injury treated immmediately but I can't move a bit. Hindi ako makagalaw habang pinapanood siyang galit na galit na nakatingin kay Fryje.

"You were my friend, pero sisiguraduhin kong mapaparusahan ka sa ginawa mo. You messed with the wrong woman, Fryje. You messed with my woman." Tahimik lang na umiiyak si Fryje habang nakatingin kay Brent bago siya tuluyang kunin ng mga pulis palabas ng court.

When she was finally out of the court ay mabilis na bumigay ang mga tuhod ko at napasalampak ako sa sahig.

She was about to stab me. 

She's really trying to kill me.

Sunod-sunod ang pag-tulo ng luha ko nang marealize na gusto nga talaga akong patayin ng kapatid ko.

I knew I have said bad things about her, did bad things to her, pero deep inside me... gusto ko na lang na magkaayos na kami. She was still my sister after all.

Oo, galit ako sa ginawa nila kay Daddy. Pero iniisip kong si Tita Arlene talaga ang mastermind noon. Pero...  she really tried to kill me.

"She's... she's..." humihikbi akong nag-angat ng tingin nang maramdaman ko si Brent sa tabi ko.

"She tried to kill me. Brent... gusto niya talaga 'kong patayin?" umiiyak kong tanong sa kanya. Bakas parin sa mukha niya ang galit bago siya gumalaw at hinila ako palapit sa kanya para yakapin.

"She really tried to kill me. My sister..."

"Shh... Babe, it would be alright. Everything's gonna be alright." he whispered as I felt his kiss on the top of my head.