Chapter Six

It's nearly morning when I finally make it back to the gates of L'Manberg. I'm nearly knocked over by a certain fluffy, brown-haired teen.

"(Y/N)! We were all so worried about you! Where have you been?!" Tubbo asks in a panic. I let a small sigh escape as I rub his back soothingly.

"Sorry, Tubbo. I didn't mean to scare you all. Where are the others? I have some important news to share with everyone." I tell him. Tubbo releases his tight hold and looks down at me. Curse my short genes, literally everyone I know here is taller than me! But, that's besides the point right now...

"Wilbur is in the camarvan currently planning. I believe Tommy is with him, too. Reason I'm not with them is because Wilbur asked me to keep an eye out for you if you returned on your own. Fundy is working on something, though to be honest he's probably slacking off and trying to scam someone like usual. As for Eret, I don't know where he is. I haven't seen him since the flames went out. I assumed he went out looking for you." I raise a brow at that. That's interesting, considering I didn't see any sign of Eret on my way back from talking to Dream.

"I see..." I mumble under my breath. Tubbo raises a brow.

"Is something the matter?" He asks and I shake my head before remembering I had something that I thought might belong to the traitor. I pull out the item I found from a pouch I keep hidden in my clothes. I show it to Tubbo and he takes it with interest.

"Do you know who this might belong to?" I ask. Tubbo inspects the item, his brows furrowed as he looks it over. The item in his hand is a broken off piece of a dagger. The handle, to be specific. The design is intricate, a sun imprinted on the handle.

"I've seen this blade before. But for the life of me I can't seem to remember where I'd seen it!" Tubbo exclaims. He looks back over at me.

"Where did you find this?" He asks.

"I found it when Wilbur and I went to the castle ruins nearby. It was broken off in the dirt. I nearly missed it had the light not shone down just right. I want to say this might belong to our traitor." Tubbo hums, his brows furrowed in concentration.

"I'll hold onto it, if that's alright with you? I know I've seen this before and it's killing me that I can't remember." I nod, showing it's alright for him to hold onto it.

"Go ahead. Anyways, let's round up everyone and talk in the van. I'll explain what happened after I got separated from everyone in there. He nodded, taking off to find Eret while I split off to find Fundy. A sweet voice cuts through my investigation of the fox halfling's whereabouts.

"Excuse me? Would you happen to know where I could find Wilbur Soot?" A woman's voice asks me. I turn to her. Her short, blonde bob blows gently in the wind. She wears the L'Manberg uniform, yet I've never seen her here before.

"Um, I do. But first, who are you? I've never seen you around here before." I ask her, slightly on guard. The blonde's eyes widen before she smiles sweetly.

"Oh, I'm Niki! I just arrived here a few days ago but had to leave for personal reasons. I came back as soon as I heard what happened to the forest around L'Manberg." She explains. I try to find any hint of lies in her words, but I can't. She seems like one of the most truthful people I've ever met. I smile back at her.

"Well, then, Niki. I'm (Y/N) and I was about to head to the camarvan. Wilbur and Tommy should be there but I was looking for Fundy before I went to go see them. Would you mind helping me find him?" I ask her. She nods, giving me a bright smile.

"Of course! I'm not in a hurry and it sounded like you probably have something important to tell everyone." She speaks softly. I give her a soft chuckle, but nod regardless.