Chapter 2

"Mom! Dad! I decided to go to Seido!" Eijun shouted

"Let me guess, you found a catcher that could catch your fastball?" His dad sighed

"True! But he also caught my cutter! And without knowing! This time for sure! Seido is the one!" Eijun exclaimed excitedly

"If thats what you wish eijun" His mom said

"Really?? Thank you thank you thank you!!" Eijun hugged the two before dashing back to his room to tell some of his friends

As soon as the boy was out of sight eijun's father sighed "you think it's the one?" He asked

"I'm sure, I think it's because miyuki kazuya goes there so that's probably the main reason" Eijun's mother replied

"He's that star catcher right? The one that's featured in the magazine recently, that's good i guess" Eijun's father smiled

Months passed since then, after enduring the constant nagging of his parents to always behave himself and not cause trouble for takashima and the entire school, it was finally time for him to spend the next three years of his life in Seidou.

"I'll be off! I'll visit if I can!" Eijun waved happily to his family as he followed Rei to the station with his luggage, there we was met with his friends from Akagi.

"We came to see you off eijun" Wakana smiled

Sawamura received gifts from them before he boarded the train to Tokyo, he once again faced his friends on my to be met with their crying faces.

"Im sorry we couldn't draw out your full potential ei, good luck in Tokyo!" Nabu said smiling through his tears.

As the door closed sawamura flashed them a smile before the train has departed and he took a seat beside Rei.

He needs to move on, for himself and them.

Once they arrived at seido the dorms were filled with many new students, he once again checked his room number.

He was in front of room number five and read the names kuramochi youichi and tooru masuko.

Sawamura took a deep breath and reached for the door knob, he didn't expect a bloodied face to be creepily smiling at him covered in blood.

He took a small step back from shock but composed himself to process that it was just his roommates

"Hyaha! Your face paled for a second there! Come in Mr national treasure! Don't get mad it's a tradition for this room! And join me in a game tournament" The male sawamura identified as kuramochi said grabbing him by his wrist and pulling him inside where we was forced to play video games and of course he greeted masuko who watched everything as he ate pudding in silence.

Kuramochi explains how masuko messed up in one of their games and got he transferred to the second string, so now he's coping by eating pudding.

When he arrived at the cafeteria that night he felt nervous when most of the players were staring at him but as soon as he picked up his tray kuramochi once again dragged him to sit with him.

"This is him!" Kuramochi exclaimed to the group sitting at the table, sawamura is familiar with most of them.

There's the captain and eijun could only guess this is the first string, kuramochi pushed him down so that he would sit but he still couldn't help but feel awkward.

Looking around the table he found a familiar person by the name of miyuki kazuya smirking at him, he remembered how he managed to catch his cutter and true he was happy about it but it was also somewhat irritating. Not to mention his face, he's disgustingly handsome that makes him want to punch the guy.

He glared at the catcher for a few seconds before the captain spoke.

"Don't be nervous, my name is Yuki Tetsuya and the captain of the team. Welcome to seido" he said

sawamura took a while to process that but eventually replied " Sawamura Eijun, i look forward to working with everybody "he bowed his head

" Miyuki told us about you, to be honest i'm rather disappointed i didn't get to see Azuma-san's face" A boy with pinkhair said

" You're different from what i imagined, I'm Jun isashiki and this is kominato ryousuke" isashiki said poiting at him then at kominato

For dinner he was asked multiple questions about what's it like being a national treasure, to be honest sawamura couldn't answer most of them because he never really thought much about it, his replies consisted of mostly being treated like a literal celebrity.

"Sawamura-kun? It's time, let's go" Rei said getting the southpaw's attention.

"Okayy!" sawamura said happily following Rei

The players looked confused for a while before oota broke the silence "Everyone treat him nicely alright?? He's our key to making headlines and winning the next tournaments!"

the coach entered the room and started their meeting he explained and talked about welcoming the new first years, Of course it goes without saying that there were questions about Sawamura but kataoka dismissed the questions and also dismissed the students, tomorrow will be an eventful day afterall.

The first years were lined up to start introductions, sawamura could still feel multiple eyes on him.

One by one everybody started introducing the selves and their preferred positions, then it was sawamura's turn.

"Sawamura eijun from Akagi High, I'm a pitcher and nothing else" Sawamura said "And i will be the ace!"

"Is that all?" Kataoka asked glaring at him

Sawamura sighed "Also the youngest of the eight national treasures..." He added with a pout on his face, he never liked flexing his title since he always gets treated like some fragile object or sometimes even worse...a topic he would rather not touch for the time being.

"Next" The coach said

He could hear whispers and murmurs everywhere but he tries to ignore it and patiently waited for further instructions

After everyone was done introducing themselves through were instructed to do laps around field B, during the running other first years approached him to ask questions which sawamura awkwardly answered, this was bound to happen.

Later on he knew he had to escape and decided to run a little faster than the others, he didn't expect some people to actually catch up to him.

First was a black haired male, he was tall and he had blue eyes, sawamura knows him and identified him as furuya satoru, a monster pitcher from Hokkaido.

Another one was a short male with familiar pink hair covering the upper part of his face, sawamura also remembers him as kominato haruichi, ryousuke's younger brother and is a pretty talented batter, the third year mentioned him last night.

Sawamura wondered if they would be willing to accept him as their friend.