Chapter 3

Karolyn's POV

It's Friday today which means I get to see Josh. He's really cute. Always wearing beanies. I swear, when he was buying beanies, this is what happened.

Shop person: how many Supreme beanies do you want?
Josh: yes

I wasn't there to see what happened but that sounds about right. Anyway. It's Friday. I grab my phone to check the time. It's 7 am. I jump out of bed and walk over to my closet. I look for something to wear that looks pretty but doesn't look like I'm trying too hard. I finally settle on a cute lavender shirt with a purple butterfly on it and a pair of ripped jeans. I lay them out on my bed and walk to the bathroom to take a shower.

After shower

I hop out of the shower and wrap a towel around me and my hair. I walk into my room and close the door, locking it as well. I can't be bothered to put on make-up so I walk past the vanity (tbh I only know a vanity is because of The Sims 4. Come to think of it, I know a lot of the stuff I know because of video games. I know how to spell iron and sword because of Minecraft. Anyway back to the story) and to my bed where my clothes are and put them on. Just as I finish putting on my clothes, I hear the door handle jiggle ferociously. Because it's locked, it doesn't open.
"KAROLYN OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" I hear my step-dad yell.
"I'm getting dressed." I call back.
"I DON'T CARE! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!"

I quickly pull my shirt over my head and I'm dressed. I walk over to the door and unlock it. I open it and immediately brace for what I know is going to happen. SLAP!! My step-dad stomps away

I close the door, lean my back against it and slowly sit down. I cry quietly, a skill I learned because I found out that my step dad came back and hit me harder if me head me crying.

I wiped my tears away and locked the door again. My phone started ringing. It was Josh. I answered.

Josh = J
Karolyn = K

J: Hey Karolyn you wanna play Among us with me and the boys?

K: Sure!

J: Did your step dad hurt you again?

I think he could tell by my tone of voice that I was crying.

K: Um no

J: You're lying aren't you

K:.Fine he hurt me. Why do you care?

J: Because you're an amazing girl that doesn't deserve any of this

K: Anyway the game

J: Oh yeah

When he responded I could tell he was upset.

J: If you still wanna play I can message you the code

K: Sounds good

J: Okay, well, see you. Can we talk later?

K: Sure

J: Okay. I'll message you the code when we're ready

K: Okay. See you then Joshy!

Oh my fucking god why did I say Joshy what is wrong with me.

J: U-uh well u-um.. see you in Among Us?

I could tell how awkward he felt when I said that

K: Yeah, see you!

"Ugh what the fuck is wrong with me" I said to myself, not realising that Josh hadn't hung up yet.

J: Nothing is wrong with you!

I yelped. You know a dog yelp? That's exactly the noise I made. Josh laughed a bit.