one.

early risers.

Cody woke up early and yanked open the curtains covering her window. She moved towards her closet to get her clothes for the day, trying to stay quiet.

Two loud knocks came at her bedroom door. "Cody, breakfast!" Colton's loud voice announced. "For your mans, too."

She turned back to her bed and found the disturbingly hot man she'd been dating for a little more than five months looking back at her.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said as he stood and walked towards her to kiss her. "I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me."

"Good morning, handsome," she responded after they kissed. "How could I forget about you? I didn't want to wake you, buuut, since you're up, Colt made breakfast."

"I've got to go train for my race, but I'll thank him on my way out. What are you up to this week?" He had pulled away from the woman and started pulling on workout clothes he had in his overnight bag.

"Meetings and photo-ops. What about you? Any cases?" Cody asked as she pulled a pair of pants on.

"The usual. I'll call you if I need you to grab Jack?"

"Absolutely!" Cody pulled her matching blazer over her shoulders and turned to the muscular man, who was yanking a shirt over his head. "Where is the little man anyway?"

"Spent the night at Jessica's. He was super excited."

Cody smiled. She was quite fond of her boyfriend's son, despite only having met him two weeks prior.

"Ready, Agent Hotchner?"

"Ready, Chief of Staff Morgan."

"That was mad corny."

Cody and Colton were going over the speech he'd written for the Vice President's speaking engagement the following week while the woman was in a cabinet meeting with the President.

"This needs to be fixed," she told him and made a mark with her blue highlighter across the document. "But otherwise looks great!"

"Great, Co, thanks."

Colton walked away with the document and Cody pulled her phone up.

a-a-ron 💘
Headed to Houston,
Texas for a case

coco dede 💞
ugh that sucks
please be safe!
need me to get
jack from school?

a-a-ron 💘
Yes, please. Just
until Jessica can
come get him

coco dede 💞
what time do i
need to pick him
up? & what time
does she want to
get him from me?

a-a-ron 💘
Very short notice, but
school ends at 2pm
and she'll get him
around 6:30.

Cody's eyes flicked up to the time, where she saw it was just fifteen until two. She had just enough time to get to the young boy's school. She shot a text to Lessa to come wait for the Vice President - who would likely remain in this meeting for at least another hour and a half - and explaining where the Chief of Staff was going. Then, the woman started moving towards her car.