Shockingly Spencer turned his head and sang along inches away directly into your face "Scotty doesn't know, that Fiona and me, do it in my van every Sunday" you put your hand on his face and turned it towards the road "Eyes on the road silly man." You laughed.

You and spencer spent the rest of the car ride absolutely jamming out to car anthems. Before you even knew it you two had pulled up to the ranch and everything in the car paused. You muted the music and just stared at the place in silence.

"If I did not know any better I would genuinely think I was on vacation." You said as Spencer drove up to the gate of this place. The ranch was absolutely gorgeous, to a point where it actually made you relax.

A beautiful building surrounded by plants and people all around. Everyone seemed so happy, really really happy. I am driving into a scene of midsommar. I am going to die.

"James Adler and my girlfriend Karen O'Connor," Spencer said to the man at the gate. "Ah, Mr.Adler we have been awaiting your arrival." The guy refused to look at you or even acknowledge your existence.

He guided you to a place for you to park and you got out of the car. The man chatted with Spencer but not you. Nobody would talk to you except Spencer. Wow, I really am just walking into a death wish.

He picked up spencer's things and just started walking away towards the small houses. "I guess I'll just carry my own shit" you mumbled under your breath and Spencer laughed but not loud enough for anyone but the two of you to hear.

The man walked the two of you to your small house and he set Spencer's stuff down inside. "Carry the things to the room woman," the man said to you and you were completely taken aback by his words.

"Excuse me," you said to the man's face, not backing down for a second.

That's when Spencer stood by you, put his hand on your lower back, and kissed your head. "Baby you heard the man, now do what he says."

You were shocked and stood there for a second before picking up the things and moving them to your bedroom. The guy said in the back, "that is not really my type of woman... you picked yourself a feisty one." What the fuck. Clearly, I was left out of a shit ton of information on the case. The fuckers just want to watch me fail

When you walked back into the room Spencer was sitting on the couch and the guy was gone. 'What the hell was that Spencer" you yelled at him before he ran up to you and covered your mouth with his hand. What is happening?

Spencer came really close to your face and whispered in your ear, "you need to be careful this place is definitely bugged with mics" As he walked you outside of your house and stood you two near a bush.

"Did you not read the case?" Spencer said "What did I miss I'm so lost," you said and Spencer looked at you with a blank stare.

"Do you even know why we are here?" he looked at you like you were a complete idiot. Clearly, I did not read my case well enough. "I mean no not really," you said back at him

"We seem to think that the spike in missing women in the Pennsylvania area is because of this ranch. The women are kidnapped and brainwashed into being complete followers to the men."

At this point, you were furious that none of this had been in your case file and you were certain someone left all of it out on purpose. Hotch was all you could think about. For some reason, something was telling you that he was fucking with you right now while on this case. He just wants me to fail. He is looking for a reason to fire m-"

Spencer pulled you out of your thoughts, waving his hands in front of your face, "Y/n you still with me? That's why he was treating you like that. Before he left he literally said to me, bring her to the room and we can have her attitude taken care of if that's what you want"

"None of this was in my file" Spencer chuckled at you "mhmm sure. Trying to cover up for the fact that you didn't do your reading" He said sarcastically and chuckled again.

you ignored him and looked to your left to see a strange but familiar man walking towards you. With him a small and shy looking woman walking behind him. He walked up and introduced himself "Hey James I knew I recognized you." The man continued "It's Thomas, I'm the head of this whole place." ah that's how I knew him, for once this was in my case file.

You just stood there and let Spencer do the talking. "Of course!" he said kindly and shook the guy's hand not caring to introduce you. You locked eyes with the woman and all you saw was blank. There was nothing behind her eyes, absolutely nothing. She is probably so high on drugs she doesn't even know where she is. This is just get out and midsommar mixed into one fucking reality.

Thomas began again, "I hope to see you tonight at the gala, full formal attire and all. You will be welcomed in with the three other couples that have been brought here tonight." This is it, we already are through the case, you thought to yourself.

Thomas left and you and Spencer went inside. You looked at him and gave him the look that meant 'we literally have this case in the bag.' "I know," he said as he hugged you. And you moved upstairs to get ready for the gala.

______
1780 words