🎄Final Chapter: 🎶When Christmas Comes To Town🎶🎄

Start from the beginning

I smirked. "Fancy singing a Christmas song with me?"

She looked at me confused, but it quickly changed when she realised what I meant. Her lips turned into a wide grin, giving me a knowing look.

I smiled and placed a finger on my lips. "We commence Operation: Believe, on my signal."

Holly nodded in agreement, giving me a fake salute. "Yes Ma'am."

I shook my head and chuckled, then focused my attention on the police, trying to locate dad. I watched the guy who was the head of the investigation, hold a megaphone up to his lips and spoke to the crowd. "Return to your homes! Stay off the street!"

I heard the door to the house open. I looked to see who it was. At first, I thought it was dad, but mom was the one who opened it instead, seeing what was going on.

The man with the megaphone spoke again. "Come on, folks. Let us do our job here."

Mom ran out of the house, holding Charlie's hand. She waved her other hand, trying to grab the mans attention. "Excuse me, excuse me. Hi!" Elizabeth and the others joined mom and Charlie outside, with Neil following from behind.

The man with the megaphone, as well as the crowd, turned their attention to mom. "You know, you don't have to send anybody..."

The police ignored mom and stormed into the house. Mom watched them run in. "Oh my gosh!"

"Wait, stop!" Elizabeth tried to yell at the police along with mom and Neil, but they ignored her too. She moved the kids behind her, acting like a shield for them as the police barged their way into the house.

Even Neil tried to yell at them to stop, but none of them listened. "Hey, hey!"

Mom ran to the front door and shouted up to them. "That's my ex-husband and he's already up the chimney!"

I turned to Holly and nodded. "Let's do this!"

We ran up to the man with the megaphone and Holly cleared her throat to grab his attention. "Excuse me, officer?"

The man turned his attention to us. "What is it kids? Can't you see I'm busy?"

I faked a smile as I spoke to him. "May we borrow your megaphone for a second, please?"

He looked at us skeptically. "And why would I do that?"

Holly clasped her hands together and looked at him pleadingly. "Please sir, you want to see Santa make an appearance, don't you?"

He looked at us both for a moment, before sighing in defeat and handed the megaphone over to me reluctantly. "Okay, fine, but make it quick."

I grabbed a hold of it and nodded. "Oh, don't you worry sir, we will."

I looked at Holly and smirked. We backed away from the officer and stopped at a distance. Holly and I looked at each other and nodded.

We turned around and looked at the house, as if we were actually going to try to persuade dad to 'come out of hiding', and into the hands of the police again.