Eve looked down at her hands and answered, "I remember hearing a rather ghastly explosion and that I hit my head, and then I woke up here."

"I'll be back in a moment with Colonel Blake," The Nurse left Eve's bedside and the room. Eve sat in her bed and looked around the hospital, she saw many people with bandages wrapped around their wounds, cast limbs, etc.

The Nurse soon returned with a man, whom Eve assume is Colonel Blake, who wore the same concerned expression the nurse had worn minutes ago.

"Good morning, Matron De La Cruz. I'm Colonel Blake," He greeted, "I from what understand from Nurse Baker, you don't have much memory."

"That is correct," Eve said.

"It appears the head injury was worse than we feared," Colonel Blake said to the nurse.

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Matron De La Cruz, a couple of days ago while you and a few other medical personnel helped to evacuate patients from another field hospital that was dangerously close to the front, you were caught in the blast of a bomb while you helped a patient get out of the way and got a rather nasty bump on your head," He told her, "You've been unconscious for the last couple of days as a result and it would appear that amnesia is a result as well. We had notified your family that you were got in a blast, but were not seriously injured."

"Will I ever regain my memory back?" Eve asked.

"Amnesia is different with every case," He said, "Some people regain their memories after a few months, but there are a few who never truly regain it."

Eve sat in silence as she took in what she had heard, but suddenly another nurse rushes into the room and toward Colonel Blake.

"Colonel Blake! Colonel Blake!" She called with a smile on her face before stopping in front of him and beginning to pant.

"Yes, Nurse Carter?" He asked, "What has gotten you running in here like a bat out of hell?"

Nurse Carter takes a breath and recovers before announcing, "We just got a telegraph from the war office, Colonel Blake. The war is ending! On the eleventh of November at eleven o'clock!"

"My god!" Colonel Blake exclaimed, "Is it certain?"

"Yes, Sir. The war is over!"

Cheers soon erupted from every patient in the room upon hearing the news. Joy washed over the entire field hospital because of the news that the war would soon be over and they can return home and be with the ones they loved. But Eve was silent during the ordeal because she had no idea what would be waiting for her at home and the life she had.

Soon, the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month arrived, and with it the end of the war. Everyone gathered in the field hospital, the medical staff stood, along with the patients that could, while others were in wheelchairs or their beds.

"When the clock strikes eleven, let us all pray to the souls that were lost to this war, from both sides of the war because even though we were enemies, they were human beings as we are, they had families who loved, worried, and grieved for them," Colonel Blake said.

The eleventh hour came and the clock chimed. Those who could stand stood at attention and everyone prayed with each passing chime before the eleventh and final chime came.

"I would like to thank all of you who have risked so much while fighting and healing in this war," Colonel Blake told them, "And may God bless you so you can live in the memory of those whose lives were cut short. God bless you all."

The day came when Eve was to return to her home and she was quite nervous about what was waiting for her. The boat and train ride seemed to have passed in the blink of an eye, and before she knew it, Eve was at the train station. She stepped out of the train car and hear her name being called.