"William is a fighter, but there are some fights no one can win," Eve said.

"Would it make any difference if he stayed here? Or are you just making him as comfortable as can be?" Violet asked Doctor Morton.

"That's it. There's nothing more we can do for him," He told her.

"So, you agree with our plan."

"I don't know about you, but I'd rather die in a familiar place surrounded by familiar faces," He informed Violet.

Mr. Mason steps away from his son's bedside and approaches them.

"There you are, Mr. Mason. It seems we have everything settled. We'll be away before long," Violet inform him.

"He'll be forced to do better if we can just get him back to where he knows. I feel sure of it," Mr. Mason said.

"I shouldn't--" Doctor Morton began before he was interrupted by Violet.

"Shouldn't worry too much. We'll know much more when he's rested.

"I'm very grateful, milady. To all of you," Mr. Mason said.

"Let's get him ready," Edith said before she, Eve, and Mr. Mason walk over to William.

It was later in the day when they arrived at Downton, Eve and the ambulance driver picked up the gurney and carried William to a guest room upstairs.

After getting William settled, Mr. Mason and Mrs. Patmore stand aside while Edith and Eve tend to William.

"Why don't you go home now, Mr. Mason? We'll see you tomorrow," Edith said.

"Are you sure you don't mind sitting up with him?" Mr. Mason asked.

"He won't be alone. Not for a moment. I promise," She assured him.

"He looks so perfect, lying there," He said before taking his leave.

"But he does look perfect. Are you sure they've got it right?" Mrs. Patmore asked while looking down at William sleeping peacefully.

"I'm afraid so. If only I weren't," Edith said.

"There are times when we have patients at the base hospital who look as though they were perfectly fine and were not injured badly, but in truth, they are trying not to let death win," Eve said.

The next day, Eve and Mrs. Hughes were in the village waiting for the bus to arrive. Mrs. Hughes picks up a basket and they get onto a bus. After a while, the two arrive at a house and Mrs. Hughes knocks on the door. The door opened, revealing Ethel holding a baby in her arm. Eve and Mrs. Hughes walk into her house and hand her the baskets of food. Ethel takes food out of the basket Mrs. Hughes bought, a baby in her other arm.

"If he could only see the child," Mrs. Hughes said.

"He won't. I've written again and again. I've offered to bring him to any place he wants," Ethel told her.

Mrs. Hughes and Eve shared a look before Mrs. Hughes informs Ethel, "I wasn't going to tell you this, but he's coming on a visit this week to see his old pals."

"Help me, Mrs. Hughes, Milady. Let me come to Downton and show him the baby!" Ethel pleaded with them.

"Oh, certainly not! I won't have that," Mrs. Hughes denied before Eve could say anything.

"Well, then ask him to meet me! I know he'd listen to you. I'll give you a letter. One more can't hurt. Make him read it in front of you."

"I--I'll do no such thing," She told Ethel.