Chapter 2: A Month

~Y/n P.O.V.~

It' been a month since I came to the glade. Every night, I get these dreams. I was on a table, and people were looking down at me, people with lab coats. Then I'd hear this woman saying the same thing, over and over again.

Wicked Is Good.

It's like when I first came up to the box, that's all I heard. Sometimes during my dreams, I see a boy and a girl. They look to be about my age, but I don't know who they are. I had found out, that Gally was my brother by a dream I had, or maybe it was a memory. That's probably why we got along pretty good. Me and Newt have gotten closer. I've had dreams of him too. We would be cuddling, or laughing, or even kissing. It surprised me.

Newt has always been there for me, I don't know what I'd do without him. Him and Gally were the one's I was closest to in the glade. And the thing is,

I've started falling for Newt.

But, I don't think he feels the same.

I sometimes catch him staring at me when we're working, but I don't think anything of it. He's probably just making sure I'm doing good at the job. Oh yeah, I'm a track-hoe. I was almost a runner, but Newt didn't want that, he wanted me to be safe in the glade, and also, where he can keep an eye on me. I don't know why he wanted it, but I just gave in.

It's now morning, the new greenie came yesterday. We learned his name was Chuck. I don't know why the creators would send him up here. He's so young. Right now, I was going to wake up Newt, so we could watch the sunrise together. Ever since I've been here, we've always done it. One night I couldn't sleep, so I went to the watch tower, and just started watching the sunrise. Newt had found me there when he woke up, and he came up to ask me what I was doing. I told him and he joined me.

We've been doing it ever since. I finally got to Newt's hammock, to see he's not there. I looked around in confusion, he's usually always here. I guess I'll watch it by myself. I started walking to the tower, till I noticed someone on it. I squinted my eyes to see better, and when I did, I saw Newt already at the tower. He saw me and started waving before motioning me to come over.

I obeyed and started jogging there. Once I got up, I greeted him, and then sat beside him. We just talked while watching the sunrise. The gladers would be getting up in about an hour. From the corner of my eye, I saw Newt shift around slightly. I turned to him, "Are you okay?" He nodded, making me nod back before turning back forward. He cleared his throat before turning to me, "Um, y/n," I turned back to him, nodding for him to continue, he took a deep breath, "I just wanted to say that, ever since you came up into the box," he hesitates, "I've had these, feelings for you. Very strong feelings. Y/n, I think I'm in love with you." He says, having the courage to look me in the eyes.

I didn't know what to say, I just sat there in shock. He likes me back. I can't believe it. He noticed I was doing or saying anything, so he started getting up. But, before he could do that, I kissed him. He was shocked for a moment before kissing back, cupping my cheeks with his hands while mine were on his chest.

We kept kissing till we ran out of breath, making us pull away, but our hands stayed where they were, "I think I'm in love with you too." I told him, looking into his eyes. He smiled brightly at me, before kissing me again, deepening it. I put my hands in her hair, running my fingers through it, while one of his hands was still cupping my cheek, and the other he grabbed my waist, pulling me closer.

All while this was happening, I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I was to have Newt. And how this felt so familiar. Like, I've kissed Newt before, it felt I've done it so many times already, but I haven't. Or at least, I don't think we have before.