Chapter 7: The New Girl

~Y/n P.O.V.~

"Things are changing." Gally told everyone. We were all in the council hut. Thomas sat in front of us, we were discussing what to do with him. "There's no denying that. First, Ben gets stung in broad daylight. And then, Alby. And now our greenie, here, has taken it upon himself to go into the maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Yeah, but he saved Alby's life." Winston spoke up, making Gally look at him with raised eyebrows.

"Did he?" Gally questioned the boy, "For three years, we have coexisted with these things," he pauses, "And now, you've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us." I rolled my eyes at my brother. Does he not wanna get out of here?

"What do you suggest we do?" I asked him, wanting him to just get straight to the point.

Gally looked at me before answering, "He has to be punished." He shrugged.

"Come on."

"He killed a griever!"

"We can't do that."

All the boys started denying Gally's answer, while I stayed silent, along with Newt and Minho. Finally, when everyone quieted down, Newt looked at Minho.

"Minho, you were there with him," He spoke up, "What do you think?"

Minho took a second to answer, "I think," He spoke, making everyone's gaze turn to him, "In all the time we've been here, no one has ever killed a griever before," he paused, "When I turned tail and ran, this dumb shank, stayed behind to help Alby," he glanced at Thomas, "Look, I don't know if he's brave, or stupid. But whatever it is, we need more of it. I say we make him a runner."

"A runner?"

"What?"

"Minho, let's not jump the gun, here." I heard Fry say. Then, Chuck began chanting Thomas' name, but stopped once some people looked at him.

"If you want to throw the newbie a parade, that's fine!" Gally exclaimed, making all the boys go silent, "Go ahead. But if there is one thing I know about the maze, it is that you do not-" He was cut off by the box alarm.

It shouldn't be coming back up till next month.

I followed Newt and Gally when they left the council hut. I heard footsteps behind me, probably all the boys following. Once we got there, everyone crowed the box. From the corner of my eye, I saw Thomas come to the front and stand next to me. Newt and Gally opened the box, revealing an unconscious...

Girl.

It was a girl!

She looked familiar. But, I don't know where.

"Newt, what do you see?" I heard Frypan ask, trying to find his way through the crowd of boys. In the corner of my eye, I saw Thomas look at me, he just kept glancing at me and the girl. I didn't focus on him, I kept my gaze on the girl.

"It's another girl," Newt informed everyone, "I think she's dead." He said after a moment of letting people take in that it was another girl.

"What's in her hand?" Gally asked, as we all looked at her. Newt crouched down and grabbed, what turned out to be a note in her hand, and read it to everyone.

"She's the last one... Ever."

We were all silent for a minute. What does that mean? The box isn't coming back up? Why does she look so familiar to me? All these questions in my head, and I didn't have any answers to.

"What the hell does that mean?" Newt broke the silence. I saw some people shrug, not being able to answer his question. All of a sudden, she gasped and opened her eyes, making everyone jump back.

I studied her features for a moment. She had dark hair, and blue eyes. Wait...

This is the girl from my dream!

She met my eyes, "Y/n." She breathed out, before her head fell back and she was unconscious once again. All eyes turned to me, but I kept my gaze on her. Who is she? I need answers. They all moved the girl out of the box and moved her to the med hut. I was still frozen in place, I didn't know what was happening. I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump, I turned around, meeting Thomas' brown eyes looking into my e/c ones.

"You okay, y/n?" He asked me sweetly. I nodded before going back to my hammock. He should know that I wasn't okay. A girl finally comes and turns out she's the last one to ever come up. Or at least, I think that's what it meant. And turns out, she knows me. She also looks like the girl from my dreams, along with Thomas.

What is going on?

~

(Changed it a little with Thomas' pov instead)

~Thomas P.O.V.~

It was a little later, and me, Newt, Minho, and Y/n were going to the med hut to check on the girl.

"Jeff, what's going on?" Newt asked once we got there, "What's the matter with her?" He asked again.

"Why won't she wake up?" Y/n asked, not taking her eyes off of her. When I first got up here, I somewhat recognized Y/n right away. I swear I knew her from somewhere, but I'm not sure. Ever since I came here, I've had these dreams, and she's in them all the time, as well as the girl.

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." Jeff said, breaking me out of my thoughts. Then, all eyes turned to Y/n.

"Do you recognize her?" Newt asked her softly. I'm not sure, but I think there's something going on between them.

"Yes," Y/n breathed out after minute of silence, her eyes not breaking from the girl, "She," she hesitated, "She was the girl from dreams," Newt looked at her in shock, before he glanced at me as well. Has she seen me in her dreams too. "But, I don't know who she is."

"What about the note?" I asked, breaking the silence after y/n spoke.

"We'll worry about the note later." Newt said, glancing at me, then the girl, then y/n, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I think you should worry about it now." I told him.

"He right, Newt," Jeff agreed with me, "If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that." Newt shook his head, trying to reassure everyone, "Let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody had gotta have some answers around here."

We all nodded before y/n left the room, taking one last glance at the girl, then at me, then kissing Newt on the cheek before leaving.

I have to talk to her soon.