Chapter 11: Escaping

It was now sundown. Gally was now going to banish Teresa and Thomas. We all walked to the doors, that were wide open. I stood next to Newt and Minho. There were two poles standing right in front of the doors. I looked at my brother in confusion. What is he planning?

Soon, they brought Teresa, her hands tied behind her back. Two other gladers were dragging an 'unconscious' Thomas.

"This is suck a waste." Gally sighed once Thomas got put on the ground, while a glader still held Teresa.

"Gally," Winston spoke up, "It doesn't feel right, man." He told the builder, shaking his head.

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right?" Jeff agreed with him, "What if him and y/n can lead us home."

"We are home," Gally told them, looking at the boys like they were crazy, "Okay? I don't wanna have to cross anymore names off that wall." He pointed to the wall full of names.

"You really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Teresa spoke up, looking at Gally with a little glare.

"No. But this isn't a banishing," He informed her, making us look at him confused, "It's an offering." He finished.

"What?" Teresa asked with wide eyes. I looked at my brother, my eyes wide as well. "Wait!" Teresa exclaimed.

"Gally, what are you doing?" Frypan asked a little bit away from me. I could tell by his tone of voice that he was looking at the boy in surprise as well. I then felt Newt slip his hand into mine, he probably saw me tense up. He gave a reassuring squeeze which I gratefully squeezed back, while keeping my eyes on Gally.

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done?" Gally asked all of us, raising his voice, "Look around you! Look at our glade! This is the only way. And when the grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was." He stopped explaining.

"Are you listening to this?" Teresa asked us, glancing back, "Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!"

"You shut up." Gally muttered harshly.

"If you stay here, the grievers are going to come back," she continued, ignoring Gally. I saw Newt give Minho the signal and Chuck come forward a little bit with the things we need. "They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back until you're dead!" She finished explaining to all the gladers.

"Shut up!" Gally shouted at her before turning to the two boys by Thomas, "Tie him up!" They didn't do anything at first, they just stood there and looked at Gally. "Do you hear me? I said tie him up!" He shouted at them again.

They obeyed this time, bending down to pick up Thomas, till he elbowed of them once he to his knees.

I grabbed the knife I had stuffed away and untied Teresa's hands from the pole while she kicked a guy near her in his area, making him fall to the floor, while Frypan was helping her untie the rest of the ropes. I saw Chuck run over to us, while we went to the front of the maze, holding our weapons out and pointing them at Gally and the other gladers. I saw Gally look at me with tears in his eyes. I know what he's thinking, I'm his little sister, and I betrayed him. But, I can't stay here, this isn't our home.

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" He turned his eyes away from me, glaring at Thomas. I was standing next to Thomas and Newt, my machete pointed at the gladers, making sure they wouldn't do anything, while my other hand was being held my Newt, our fingers intertwined together.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving," Thomas informed Gally, "Anyone else who wants to come, now is your last chance."

"Don't listen to him, he's trying to scare you." Gally tried convincing the others.