VII

Calling: Jesse Pinkman

"Hey."

"Yo."

"You busy right now?"

"Yeah, I'm actually out of town," Jesse replied.

There it was again 'out of town' how could somebody be gone so much, somebody that doesn't even have family out of town?

"Okay I was gonna see if you wanted to catch a movie... but you're out again."

"I really wanna hang out but I've been uh doing shit... what about tomorrow?"

"I work in the morning but I guess so," I said, bummed out he was ghosting me.

"Jesse get off the phone!" I heard a man's voice call out.

"Chill Mr-" Jesse began saying but didn't finish the dude's name. "Sorry Hailey I have to go, but I promise we'll hang when I get back."

"O-okay."

Call ended.

A few days later Jesse asked me to come over. He sounded panicked on the phone so I headed over to his house quickly.

I entered his house to find Jesse smoking meth out of a pipe. Seeing that made me want to smack him upside the head. 

I set my bag down on the floor and grabbed the pipe out of his mouth before he could stop me — a benefit to having quick reflexes.

"What the hell, yo!" Jesse snapped as I held it in my hand.

"You don't need this shit." I scoffed, looking at the pipe with repulse.

"What are you, my mother? I'm stressed. Hailey give it back!"

I heard footsteps and had to do a double-take as our high school chemistry teacher walked into Jesse's kitchen. What in the fuck is going on?

I stood there staring at him, my jaw dropped.

"What the fuck?" I said and Mr. White's face dropped, guess he was thinking the same thing.

"What are you doing here?" He barked, instantly getting defensive.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" I questioned, glaring at him.

"Apparently he buys weed from me," Jesse said, snorting as if this was some sort of joke.

Mr.White's eyebrows were raised.

"Your freaking wife told me when she was here, all up in my shit. Yeah, that's right she almost caught me moving—"

"Don't say another word." Mr.White said as he eyed me. "Not when she's here."

"Mr.White I have a name," I said, still holding Jesse's pipe in my hand.

"Yes, I know Hailey Damarias." Mr.White said, crossing his arms together very father-like.

"Anyways, yo, Mr.White good job at wearing the pants in the family and why did you go and tell her I was selling you weed?" 

"Because somehow it seemed easier than telling her the... the truth." He replied.

"Can I have my pipe back Hailey?" Jesse asked me.

I turned around to face him. Jesse, you sure are a pretty boy which explains the lack of brains you have. "Nope."

He scoffed, throwing his hands up. "C'mon it's not that—"

"Do you smell that?" Asked Mr.White abruptly. He began sniffing around as if he were one of those police dogs — talk about weird.