XIX

The days would consist of me either going to work or school while Jesse 'works' on his own little business. 

I can't even explain how nice it is to come back to my house and have Jesse waiting there, happy to see me.

My mom would go all out for dinner, which both she and Jesse loved.

Natalie constantly gave me dirty looks when she saw me and continues to wear skimpy clothing around the house, only when Jesse is home, of course. I really can't wrap my mind around what the fuck that child's deal is.

I did warn him about it and I could tell he didn't want to stay in the house with just her.

Who could blame him? She even makes me uncomfortable. 

"I have a morning shift at work, it's only for a few hours," I told Jesse one morning.

He rolled over, still half asleep, "Okay, I'll just chill in your room until you come back."

I leaned over and kissed his cheek, a bit of my lipstick smudged on him.

I smiled as I leaned away from my bed, he'd see the lipstick mark when he went to the bathroom whenever he decides to wake up. 

"Love you." He mumbled as he shut his eyes to go back to sleep.

I paused at the door, smiling to myself. "Love you too."

As I got in my car I realized I wasn't wearing my name tag, I left it on my dresser.

I got out of my car and ran up the stairs but stopped at the top when I caught sight of my sister. 

Natalie was getting undressed just outside my door. 

She was pulling her shirt off so she was just in her bra.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked, walking towards her fiercely. 

She turned around and her face was all red. I felt heat rise to my cheeks... I was fuming!

"I-I was just getting dressed, I'm running late to class—"

I drew in a long breath, I didn't have the time to physically beat the shit out of her.

"You're going to be running late when I put you in the hospital — I watched you take off your shirt!"My voice grew louder which each word until I was yelling. 

Jesse opened my bedroom door which we were both standing outside — I probably looked like a rapid dog snarling at my younger sister. 

"Hey, I thought—" His nose curled as he looked at Natalie in no shirt, "What the fuck?"

"Get back in my room," I told him through gritted teeth.

Natalie quickly threw her shirt back on, her eyes stuck on the ground. 

"I'm going to be late." Natalie said awkwardly, not making eye contact with me.

"Were you going to be late before or after you put on a show so my boyfriend would have sex with you?" I snapped.

She gulped, glancing at me quickly. "I wasn—"

Jesse grabbed my arm and pulled me into my room, shutting the door behind me.

"I had no clue she was... like that," Jesse said, his blue eyes wide in concern. 

"I know." I said, "I just came back to grab my name tag and saw her like that."

"I'd never do anything with her, in case you're worried about that." 

I felt the anger slowly leaving me, "I'm not worried because I trust you, Jesse."

He leaned in and we shared a quick kiss.

By the time I went into the driveway Natalie was already gone.

She was lucky.

For dinner, that night Jesse and I went out to eat out with Cecilia and Mike.

I got to explain my morning to them both, Jesse's beside me clearly uncomfortable.

Mike was horrified and Cecilia shook her head in disgust. 

"What the hell is wrong with her?" She questioned. 

"I really wish I knew, she's never been this wild before," I replied, taking a bite of my fries.

"You put her on some sort of spell man," Mike said, laughing at the thought of what he just said.

"I want the spell off then," Jesse muttered, his lips curled into a small grin. 

-

"I want you all to meet my boyfriend," Natalie announced as Jesse, my mom, and I all sat down for breakfast on the weekend.

Jesse and I exchanged glances.

"That's quick," I said with a fake smile, staring at Natalie.

"Hailey." My mother hissed, "Nice to meet you, I'm Laura."

The boy introduced himself as peter. I don't know Natalie's 'type' but I doubt it was him. He was a lanky, nerdy-looking boy with dark curly brown hair and black rimmed glasses. He couldn't have been much taller than Jesse. 

I was skeptical, I shouldn't have cared but Natalie never committed to anyone, ever and I didn't think this would last more than a few days 

Maybe this whole thing me and Jesse thing was her wake-up call but I refused to believe that.

Throughout the week he was here almost every day and internally, I was lost. Was I reading into much to this by thinking this was all for a plot? 

And as I expected she was up to something...

It all started to click when I asked Jesse to grab me water late at night. We didn't expect anyone to be up still at 3:40 am. Jesse said that Natalie notice him walk into the kitchen and then decided it was a 'perfect' time to make out with her boyfriend.

Another night my mom went out with Cecilia and her boyfriend was over, she asked if we were staying in and I told her we were but that was a mistake on my part.

A little while after we heard sounds coming from her bedroom. I put the pillow over my head and groaned loudly — there goes our movie night. We were attempting to watch The Godfather.

"Babe, you feel like a late-night coffee?" Jesse asked me, the two of us sharing an awkward smile.

I nodded and we left quickly, we didn't return home for a good 2 hours just to make sure they were done. 

This entire arrangement clearly wasn't a good idea considering Natalie would not give it a rest. I even so much as tried to communicate maturely with her but it didn't work because in her eyes she was just loving her boyfriend of 2 weeks.

Jesse and I soon decided it would be a good time to find him a different place to stay, neither of us wanted to leave our room for fear of seeing something that we didn't want to. I mean, Peter practically lived her! Did the kid's family not want him back?? 

Jesse said that he was going to check a few places while I went to class, to neither of ours pleasure, he did end up finding a place.

So after a month of him living with us, he found somewhere to stay.

Somewhere that would take cash upfront. 

_____

A/N

At this point, I think Natalie should be a TW 💀