15; Death of a Loved One

After a quick stop at the Northern Temple and dealing with some Fire Nation soldiers, we left towards the North pole

After a quick stop at the Northern Temple and dealing with some Fire Nation soldiers, we left towards the North pole. Though, ever since Katara accepted me and understood what I am as a bender, I couldn't sleep. I'll close my eyes and then jump back up in fear like I had a nightmare I couldn't remember. Sometimes I'll wake up by myself or woke up Aang or Sokka. I'll assure them I was okay but they always had indifference or question on their faces. Though, at the moment I didn't want to sleep even when my body told me to.

We were close to finding the Northern water Tribe. 

"I'm not one to complain," Sokka started, leaning against the saddle lazily and I stared at him tiredly, knowing full well that Sokka was going to complain. "But can't Appa fly any higher?"

"We're looking for our Sister Tribe, which is basically made out of ice around the water. If we go higher, then surely Zuko or Zhao would find us and try to capture us which would succeed because I haven't had a peaceful night of sleep." I said, staring at the other with a frown.

"I bet you would like it if Zuko finds us." Sokka grumbled and I threw my shoe at him.

"Yeah! I have an idea! Why don't we all get on your back and you could fly us to the North Pole?!" Aang snapped irritably, glaring at Sokka a bit. 

"I'd love to. Climb on everyone," Sokka shakes his ass to us, gesturing for everyone to get on.  " Sokka's ready for take-off." Momo takes the invitation sitting on his ass and Sokka gave the animal a tired glare. I sigh moving over, sliding my boot back on, and gently pluck Momo off before Sokka could throw the animal off. 

"Look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight." Katara said, giving a tired glance at the two boys, "And for what? We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe. There's nothing up here." Sokka argued and Katara sighs, looking back at the water as I looked down at Momo, hearing him chatter nonsense to me. He was right, we must be too far or we passed the tribe a few days ago.

There was loud ice like crackle and I looked up to see ice forming in front of Appa, Aang gave out a cry of surprise before directing Appa away quickly by the reigns, everyone held on to the saddle at the quick turn. "Crap! Ambush!" I cried out when another ice blocked us, this time snatching Appa's leg, causing us to hit the water and Appa being frozen in place. I stood up, about to shoot the ice but Water Benders in boats came out of hiding. All of the men staring at us and I sigh in relief, sitting back down on my back. 

"They're waterbenders! We found the Water Tribe!" Katara said happily with a smile on her face. The boats surrounding us and slowly undid the ice, they explained that they thought we were a Fire Nation ship and leads us in the right direction of the Northern Water Tribe, slowly we come across a large wall that protected the tribe. "It's big..." I commented to the others, staring at the wall.