Chapter Four:

~The pic is Caleb Hale~

"Why are all of these recipes for sushi?" Tyson grumbled as he entered the living room with another stack of paper in his arms.

Fang rolled her eyes but didn't bother looking up. "Because I like sushi," She grumbled, ignoring him almost completely as she focused on her work.

Tyson smiled, watching her affectionately. She lay sprawled out on the floor, scissors, and glue close by. The trash can was barely full, cut pieces of paper lay crumbled all around it. She didn't even bother to look to see if any of the paper she threw at it actually made it into the trash can. She was adorable, engrossed in her work the way she was.

Fang started mumbling a long string of unintelligible words, too low for Tyson to hear. "Stupid pet, I eat my food raw. I might be able to slowly adjust my metabolism to accept your weird, cooked, tampered human foods, but I eat au natural and I will hide that by eating sushi. It's my gateway food and you would do well enough to leave me alone." Fang groused, feeling irritated. The storm was raging outside, and it had already knocked over a tree in the park across the street. She didn't want to see what damage the storm had done to her house while she was away. It was surprising how much more she cared about the building since the boys had forced her to help them fix it.

Tyson sat the papers down near her elbow and then sprawled out next to her. With a sigh, he picked up the scissors, grabbed the first piece of paper, and began cutting out what they needed. Fang took a picture from their stack of cut photos and glued it to the top of the next page in their mostly blank cookbook. Underneath the picture, she wrote in small, bold letters, California Sushi Rolls. It took them forty minutes to finish the cookbook and another twenty minutes of throwing shreds of paper at each other to even notice that the rain had stopped.

Fang stood, pulling bits of paper out of her hair as she walked down the hallway. Tyson followed close behind, brushing off his shoulder. She opened the door cautiously.

"Looks like it's only drizzling now." Tyson's voice in her ear startled her. When had he gotten so close?

Fang jumped and spun, pressing her back against the wall. Tyson smiled, still bent over slightly with his hands behind his back. He laughed, straightening. She growled in response. Stupid pets and their boundary issues. She decided that next time he put his face next to her ear before talking, she would break his face. Indignant, she turned on her heel and stormed off into the rain. "Well, whatever, I'm going home to check on the damage the storm caused."

She made it to her truck before she heard the footsteps running to catch up to her. "Lexi! Wait!"

Fang slowed but didn't stop.

"Hey," Tyson panted as he came to her side. "I'll come with you."

Fang rolled her eyes, still agitated. Stupid pet. She opened the driver's door and slid inside, silent. She didn't really care what her pet did right now. He could step in front of a bus and she wouldn't flinch. Tyson slid inside the cab as her engine roared to life. Fang still refused to speak, or even look at him. The drive to her house was a silent one. Tyson tried a few times to break the tension with random comments, but Fang continued to ignore him.

Eventually, he fell into a subdued reverie, crossing his arms across his chest and staring out the window.

Fang didn't give a rat's ass what he might be thinking. She loathed it that this human could startle her, her, the werewolf hybrid. She hated feeling weak, and she didn't care if it hurt her pets feelings or not, she was pissed. The feeling didn't abate when they reached her house and were faced with the absolute mess her property had become. One of the smaller trees had uprooted, but it was still thick enough to be an issue. It had taken out one of the fences surrounding the property as well.