Chapter Nine

It was another boring day at school. Fang hadn't found anything last night, the Hunters had a car waiting for them on the other side of the woods. She had lost their trail from there. Fang had never realized that Tyson had had such an effect on such mundane things until he was gone. She hiked her bag higher on her shoulder, not really watching where she was going, when- BAM!- someone danced straight into her and she went sprawling onto the floor. She heard her name called out from three different directions. "Hey!" Fang said at the same time as the other girl, and they both burst out laughing.

 "No, really, it's my fault." Fang laughed, looking up. The girl had her headphones laying across her shoulders now, and she could hear the upbeat music coming from them. "I'm not arguing with that." A cheery voice said, helping her to her feet. She smiled up at the incredibly tall, tan girl.

 "You're a dancer," Fang blurted without thinking, and the girl looked surprised. "How do you know that?" Before Fang could respond, there were four pairs of hands patting her gently, feeling for any bruises, their voices overlapping in concern. She rolled her eyes and looked at the new girl. "Sorry, they're a tad overprotective since..." Fang's voice trailed off, and the girl nodded. "Yeah, I heard about him. The guy that went missing? He was a close friend of yours?" Bobby froze beside Fang as he noticed the girl for the first time. The rest of the boys, surprised, covered for him.

 "I'm his cousin," Matt said, and Clay added, "Yeah, he always bailed us out of trouble when we needed it." 

Sammy looked sad as he took Fang's hand like a lost little boy. "He was always at Lexi's with us... he hardly ever left her side. They almost had a thing, but he disappeared first." 

Fang winced and interrupted. "My name is Alixica Gordon. This is Matt Bearan, Clayton Corrins, Bobby Miller and Sammy Wilkinson." Fang pointed to each of them in turn, and the new girl nodded.

"I'm Sara Alexandria." Sara flipped her long dark brown hair behind her shoulder, and Sammy blurted, "Hey! You're a dancer!" Again, she looked startled. "How...?" 

Fang laughed a little bit."Sammy is in dance. We know the aura." 

Sara grinned at Sammy, "A guy dancer, they exist!" She exclaimed dramatically. "What type?" She asked eagerly while stepping forward and doing some weird thing with her feet.

"Hip hop and Ballet."

"Yes! Pas de Deux here I come! Wait which academy?" She paused mid-air with a fist pump.

"APAC." He answered eagerly. She then continued with the fist pump.

"Wait right here, I gotta get my class schedule there." She pointed with a smile at the lab room before continuing across the hall, singing and dancing like the hallway of judgmental teens didn't exist, their eyes glued to her.

"A what?" Fang asked Sammy in confusion, and he shrugged.

"It's a duet of sorts with a guy and girl ballet dancer. The girl is on pointe which means that she's really advanced." Sammy explained like it was nothing new. Sara came jumping through the crowd again, leaving in her wake a group of awed and confused people.

That girl didn't care at all, did she? Fang smirked. It was amusing to see a pet that didn't care about the other pets. Sara continued moving with them, singing loudly to her songs while unplugging her iPod. The music echoed through the hall as she moved with the beat. She organized her locker, oblivious to the people watching.

Sammy smiled at her and Fang noticed a twinge of jealousy flash in Bobby's eyes. What in the world...? A knowing look passed between Clay and Fang, as Sammy started talking to Sara about the latest dance he was learning. Bobby, our dear, sweet, flirtatious Bobby, has fallen in love. The two shared a secret smile. In love with a loud, somewhat obnoxious, fiery, strong-spirited dancer.