chapter twenty-nine

"Wake up, Winx!"

The six adult women groaned, raising upon their feet. Each one of them was on their Dreamix fairy form, causing mystification even so at least they were assuaged that everyone was okay. The Winx took a chance and looked around them, trying to figure out what was going on and how they ended up there. It was strange.

No doors. No windows. No way out.

Once Bloom remembered the situation before she found herself stuck there, she desperately endeavoured to launch her spells but failed. Then went through plan B and additionally attempted to utilize telepathy to get information of where she currently is together with the other girls but failed once again, back to square one. Strangely, they were deprived of their potencies.

"My powers don't work," Bloom stated.

"Mine either." Aisha rolled her eyes in frustration reason that her powers were gone and she has no memory of what happened before she established herself there but then recalled a similar scene. "Not again?"

"Eek, a déjà vu," Musa mumbled, rubbing her arm.

"Where the heck am I?!" Stella cried out grabbing her head. "Celeste needs me! No, no, no, no. We need to get out of here!"

Tecna came at her rescue and patted her back, reassuring the light fairy. "Calm down, Stella. I'm trying to figure it out too. It looks like this is not real as I recall it a familiar place. It's like a suspension between our minds and something else, which I'm not quite sure, yet."

"And... What does that mean?" Musa questioned, her arms crossed and tapping her foot impatiently.

"Can I pinch you?" Tecna turned to Flora who furrowed her eyebrows and took a few steps away from her friend who sounded crazy at the moment. "I have a hypothesis and gotta check. It's an experiment." She shook her head, pushing her short hair away from her face.

"Why?" The nature fairy asked, hiding her arms behind her back but Tecna took them and gave a small smile.

"Tecna, it's no time for messing around." Aisha informed, her hands on her hips, as she kept wandering around back and forth, her mind racing.

"Don't worry. It won't hurt, I think."

Flora moves nothing but her eyes as she expected a small pinch from her friend but she felt nothing. "What is this supposed to mean. Are we dead?" She panicked, analyzing Tecna's face to receive any hints.

"Maybe," Tecna shrugged her shoulders as she sighed as every fairy turned to her, questioning if she was serious or not, nonetheless, since when was Tecna never serious in such circumstances. "Or we might be all in a dream."

"A dream? Why are we here? I don't understand!" Musa cried, an urge to scream and kick things. "Out all the moments, right now I'm in this place! I need to check on my daughter and Riven, so can we find a way out of here, please?!"

Sadness sits an inch below Bloom's face, eyes remaining dry, expression impassive. All she could conceivably thinking about was Flame's and Blake's safety and if they were sane. Although, the recent memories told otherwise. As Flora noticed this, she placed her hand on her shoulder and gave away a small smile, telling Bloom she is there for her.

"I don't know what happened and I'm frustrated too, but we're all experiencing a similar situation, am I wrong?" She uttered, confiding to the red-headed.

"My kids... I couldn't do anything but watch them suffer." A tear dropped from her cyan's eyes as she tightened her fists. "Flora, remember when I said I needed to tell you something when you saw Flame's episode?"