(9) Governor's Ball

A month later 

Everyone was at her dad's first Governor's ball. Catalina finally arrived Steve and Peggy seen her coming down the stairs. 

"Dad.." Steve said 

"What?" Joe said 

Sarah smiled. "That's new.." Sarah said 

Bucky hid a smile behind his scotch glass. As he thought "That's my girl.." 

She joined her family Joe made her spin. "Baby you look beautiful." Joe said

"Thanks daddy." She said 

James and Winnie joined their family. "I thought that was you coming down the stairs. You look gorgeous Cat." Winnie said as she hugged her.

"Thanks." She said 

While her dad was making his speech she and Bucky snuck off in the dark into a closet. "Oh god you look incredible." He said as he pulled her dress all the up to her hip. 

"God yeah James." She whispered 

"Does my baby like that? Huh?" He whispered 

"Yes.." she whispered 

"Show me baby."" He whispered as he got faster. 

They both began to come undone together. "Oh god yeah..mmm Catalina god." He whispered 

They quickly ran back to the party once they were cleaned up and made sure their clothes weren't out of place. The next day over lunch Catalina decided to ask her dad a question. 

"Daddy Um am I allowed to live on my own now?" She said 

"I don't  think that's a good idea. You still have two more years of college and you still haven't picked a major. And I'm afraid if you get on your own that you fall off again." Joe said 

She looked down as she fought tears. Sarah looked at her daughter as she whispered "Joe.." 

Catalina was trying so hard to not cry. "If you'll excuse me.." she said 

"Catalina.." Sarah said 

"Dad she's been working for us for almost a year. She's trying.." Steve said 

"I don't care how long she's been working for you two. I'm not ready to trust her on her own. There is a reason why I said no to on campus living like she wanted. She has to prove to me that I can trust her until then she can live at home till I see that I can trust her to be on her own. That I can trust her to not lie to me about where she's been..or what she's done. You don't know what your sister has done in the past while you were at business school. So don't sit here and tell me how to parent her." Joe snapped at Steve. 

"She's never gonna learn unless you let her try." Steve said as he slammed his napkin down. "Come on Peggy let's go find my sister." He added.

"Steven Grant." Joe said 

Bucky was texting Catalina under the table. He finally said "Steve needs my help." He kissed Penelope and left.

Bucky and Catalina were laying on his office floor that night as he played with her hair. 

"We can check in across the street baby." He whispered 

"I'd like that. I miss you at night.." she said 

He sat up with her. "I miss you too.." he said as he kissed her.

They pulled on some clothes they got checked in and stayed in their room.