6

Cute

Jay drove home with Heeseung and Sunghoon in the back, and Jangmi in the front seat beside him—away from the boys

Jay drove home with Heeseung and Sunghoon in the back, and Jangmi in the front seat beside him—away from the boys. He saw what had transpired before they all got in the car, so he felt the need to separate his little sister from his friends for now. He had a weird feeling sitting in his gut but chose to let it go.

"Wait!" Heeseung called frantically as they passed the convenience store. "I want to buy ramyeon," he said as he looked out the window. Jay sighed and gave in, parking the car in front of the store for the eldest. Jangmi noticed their stationary position and removed her AirPods. She looked at the convenience store and tapped her older brother's shoulder aggressively.

"Oppa, I want ramyeon too," she pleaded, making him shake his head. "No, Jangmi," he said sternly. "We've been over this how many times, you're not allowed to have processed food." His reply made his little sister pout. She turned to Heeseung as he was about to exit the car; and in an attempt to get him on her side, she pouted at him too.

The eldest froze as he stared at the younger girl, his gaze softening as their eyes met. "I'm sure having one ramyeon won't make a difference," he said, as if in some kind of trance. Jay rolled his eyes and hit him. "Hyung! Don't fall for it!" He hit Jangmi too, scolding her for trying to persuade Heeseung. Hissing in pain, the younger girl sat back down and grumbled. 

Sunghoon watched the whole scene unfold in front of him and couldn't help but laugh. His earlier assumption was right, the pout did work on anybody. The first time he had seen Jangmi do it was when she asked to call him oppa, which worked too.

"Why is she not allowed to have ramyeon?" he asked Jay. Heeseung had already stepped out of the car to buy his food, while the ice-skater couldn't help his curiosity. He was an athlete, and he was still allowed to his fair share of the said noodles.

"It was her required diet back in America—"

"I'm allowed cheat days!" Jangmi interrupted her older brother to complain. "But he's too cruel so he makes sure I have to follow my diet all the time," she rolled her eyes and faced Sunghoon. 

"Right? He's too cruel?" She pointed at her older brother. The boy got a glimpse of Jay's threatening expression—the 'choose my side or you're not getting my food' kind of expression. "He leaves me be most of the time, so no," he answered, glancing back and forth between the siblings. Jangmi groaned in response, feeling defeated, while stuck his tongue out at Jangmi. Sunghoon laughed at her reaction for the second time that night.

He had never had this kind of conversation with Jangmi. It was a nice change from their usual small talk, and he was enjoying it.

"Why is it just me?" Jangmi complained again. "That's because you're my little sister," Jay replied as he ruffled his little sister's hair. Jangmi quickly swatted his hands away and complained, sending him a death glare, before she combed through it to fix it.