5

What is happening?

"Jangmi! We're drinking later," Jay told his sister casually as he sat down beside Sunghoon

"Jangmi! We're drinking later," Jay told his sister casually as he sat down beside Sunghoon. The younger girl looked up from her history homework and raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you really going to drink on a school night?" she asked, instantly judging her brother for being reckless.

"It's a Friday today."

"It's a Friday today?" Jangmi's eyes widened as she stared at her brother, who just nodded at her and continued to eat.

It had been a week since Jangmi was allowed to eat with her brother and his friends, and they all seemed to be getting along fine. Although her and Sunoo still ate alone from time to time, there were times where they enjoyed being in the company of everyone else. She allowed Jungwon and Ni-ki to drag her around whenever they needed an older companion to the convenience store, while she and Jake would talk about their training when they had the chance. Usually, she was talking to Heeseung oppa about anything he wanted to talk to her about—also because he liked to help her with her homework.

Like today.

Heeseung sat back down in his usual spot beside Jangmi after he left earlier to put back his and Jangmi's trays. "World history?" He asked as he pointed at her notebook. Jangmi nodded at him before going back to answering her homework. "I can help you answer that, if you want."

"No thank you! I'm actually down to the last essay question," she answered quickly and smiled. The older boy watched her for a few seconds. He had seen her doing her homework throughout the week, but she looked different today. There was something about the way she batted her eyelashes, when she couldn't understand, that made the older boy feel different. She was starting to look different to him too, maybe it was the way her hair just framed her face differently today.

He wasn't sure.

"Yes, oppa?" Jangmi had noticed as felt the older boy's stare for a while. It didn't bother her as much as it did the first time, but she was curious as to why he was staring; and why he kept doing so. Heeseung cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. "Oh yeah! How was your English presentation? It was today, right?" Jangmi interrupted his thoughts, asking before he could say something else. 

As he was helping Jangmi with her homework, she was also doing the same to him. She helped the older boy throughout the whole week on his presentation. He could've asked Jay, but he thought that he wouldn't be of much help. Knowing that Jangmi would help him way more than his friend, he resulted in choosing the her instead; and as much as Jay didn't like the idea of giving Heeseung his little sister's phone number, he did anyway so that they could communicate whenever Jangmi was free.

"It went better than expected!" Heeseung replied enthusiastically. "Mrs. Ong even said that I did a good job," he added. He took a sip of water before looking back at Jangmi.