21.5

Continuation of Chapter 21: Secrets

The cheerleading team was given the weekend off as a reward for the very successful showcase—to which Jangmi was very happy about. Although she loved training, she was grateful to be given the weekend off to rest before jumping back into such a hectic schedule. 

Since her school day ended on a very good note that Monday, she entered the gym with a bright smile on her face. She happily greeted Aera, who was just a few steps in front of her from her. Her close friend waited for her to take a few steps forward before they started to walk beside each other.

"If you think I didn't see that boy giving you a bouquet after the showcase, you're wrong," Aera teased, giggling as she nudged the girl. Jangmi looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "I thought you left already by that time," She told her in a confused manner.

The cheerleader shrugged her shoulders. "Mom and dad took too long to decide where to have dinner, so we didn't leave right away," she replied nonchalantly.

"So anyways, who's the other guy?" She asked, smirking as she moved back to the main topic at hand. Jangmi scoffed at the mischievous tone in her friend's voice. "That's Heeseung oppa. He's mine and my brother's friends," she replied.

"Why did he give the flowers?"

Aera's question caught her by surprise. She never got to ask him why he felt the need to give flowers since she thought it was rude to ask. Jangmi shrugged her shoulders, making her close friend nod slowly in understanding. 

"Wait..." Aera thought about it for a bit. Since her friend had no idea why she was given the bouquet, shouldn't she be suspicious of his actions? "...how is he to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Is he nice? Sweet? Helpful?"

Jangmi didn't hesitate to answer her question truthfully. "He's nice, very friendly. He gives me a lot of presents so I'm just going to assume that it's his love language. And he helps me with schoolwork every once in a while," she replied. Aera nodded her head once again. "Honestly, sometimes he seems suspicious but Sunoo told me that he's really just that nice."

Aera wanted to protest; but knowing how stubborn her friend was, she let her be. For someone so smart, she didn't expect her to be this dense at all. Jangmi was already on the right track until Sunoo had to throw her off.

The girl ended up nodding her head at what her friend was saying and thought about how obvious this Heeseung was being about his feelings. Honestly, he was just lucky that Jangmi was being persuaded otherwise.