24

I'm sorry

"You like Jangmi?" Another voice asked, interrupting the older boy

"You like Jangmi?" Another voice asked, interrupting the older boy. Both Sunghoon and Heeseung turned around to see none other than the girl's brother, Park Jay, walking towards them.

The eldest was the first one to speak up. "How much did you hear?" His eyes widened at how angered the younger boy was. He gulped, already expecting the worst. "The start of your explanation, hyung," Jay replied, voice dripped of a threatening tone.

"Jay—"

"I think I've heard enough. We can talk about your feelings towards my sister later," he put up a hand to dismiss Sunghoon's topic before turning back to Heeseung and pointing a finger at him. "And you, what did you do?"

Heeseung felt more nervous to come clean to the girl's older brother. He knew that what he did was wrong, and it had been weighing him down ever since. There was nothing he wanted more than to apologize to Jangmi for his actions before having the two younger boys find out as he thought it was the best way to avoid such a mess. 

"Hyung, did you do something to my sister or not?" Jay asked impatiently. He could see the older boy holding himself back and decided to push the truth out of him. "If you're the reason why she's being this distant then—"

"I confessed."

Both the boys in front of him didn't even attempt to hide their anger and disappointment in their hyung. "Is that what you did on the rooftop?" Sunghoon asked him while Jay huffed angrily. "After the number of times I told you not to?"

As the other two boys started to talk to each other, Sunghoon stared at the eldest and started to observe his actions: lips pressed into a tight line, hands fumbling while unable to look at the other. If he were really being truthful, he would still be able to make eye contact and explain well and calmly. Now, he was just being quiet and accepted the scolding.

"That's not all that happened, was it?" he lifted his head to try and make eye contact with the older boy. "Why do you want the details?" Jay looked at him in disbelief. At this point, the guilt was eating away at Heeseung's conscience. There was no point in hiding it anymore. 

"I tried to kiss Jangmi."

"The confession behind my back wasn't enough?" Jay scoffed. He wanted to roll his eyes at the boy but couldn't risk being disrespectful. Heeseung was still older than him after all.

Sunghoon piped up as the two boys stood in silence. "Hyung, first and foremost, you really need to apologize to her," he told Heeseung, who was nodding in agreement.  "I don't know how to approach her because she's been so distant from all of us."

"That's your fault." 

Although it was something that Jay mumbled under his breath, the other two were still able to hear it. The eldest gulped at what he heard, knowing full well that his confession was out of line.  He already knew he shouldn't have done it, but hearing that Sunghoon liked her too triggered something inside of him; and the only way he was able to snap out of it when he saw the tears streaming down her face that day.