Chapter 1

Tears rolled trough his cheek as he sobbed to himself. The sun nearly setting, the birds flying back to their nest. He just had to be naive to even think of getting with him. "stupid me..." he mumbled. Heart shattered, teary eyes, and a broken soul. Cheerful had always be the word describe the male but now its just empty.

"M-m/n?"

He shot his head up and instantly wiped his tears. He saw a familiar brunette but judging by his face he was also...crying? An empty milk carton in hand, puffy cheeks due to crying with the last bit from the light of the sun shining trough his hair. M/n had never seen him cry before, outside his games at least.

"Are you alright..?" Kageyama asked. His voice was cracking a bit. "I could say the same for you" the milkboy could only faintly smile. M/n gestured his hands to the empty seat beside him for Kageyama to sit. "It didn't go well, huh?" M/n spoke which made Kageyama nod. "Not that I didn't try, I just knew that he didn't love me back." He looked down to hide his face and preventing himself from shamelessly crying in front of his friend.

M/n could only pat Kageyama's shoulder as a sign of comfort. "Wanna talk about it?"

-

Kageyama's POV :

"Alright, todays the day. I'm not going to chicken out anymore. I went trough my lines a lot last night. Lets just hope for the best." He was talking to himself for the whole morning, little did he know M/n was beside him, listening every word. "how long are you going to keep talking to yourself again?" It was really sudden for him to say and of course it caught Kageyama off guard. "You could have at least told me! I would've had stopped." He huffed. "Well whatever, Good luck though"

"Thanks...Your not offended right?" M/n blinked a few times after realising. "Oh, well nah. None taken. I just wish the best for you" he let out a small smile that he can manage. "I really appreciate your support M/n. You've always been by my side. Thank you" "anything for you, Kags"

After they went their parted ways, he went to look for Hinata during hometime. (A/N : tsukki and kags are from dif classes right?? M/n is in Tsukki's class)

He looked around the gym, not there. The rooftop, not there. He looked almost everywhere, but still not there. The only place he hasn't looked around was the school entrance since he wasn't planning to go home early. Just as he walked pass he heard a familiar tangerine voice and it instantly made his heart flutter and  made him feel nervous. what he wasn't expecting was that Hinata wasn't alone. he heard another voice and thought to himself on if he should eavesdrop or no. his curiosity got is hand so he just listened.

"I don't mind, actually"

"Hey, Shoyo. You know that setter of yours, does he like you or something"

"I guess, but even if he does confess of course I wouldn't accept. You know i love you, Kenma"

There, he heard it. what else would he stay there for? why was he here in the first place anyways. he lost his purpose and walked away feeling like empty jar that was use to be full. So this is what M/n is feeling. He walked to the hallways crying at first but then suddenly stopping. as if he doesn't have the ability to cry anymore. That when he saw the h/c male with his head on the desk. 

-

 "So, he was actually with Kenma. I'm sorry Kags but that's just the way it is. life is unfair." he paused for a while after patting Kageyama head "but Ill be here to support you if anything happens". Silence. Until....

Kageyama went up to M/n for an embrace "You don't get it M/n. I really did love him and yet he loved someone else other me. Why was it so hard for him to love me back?! I gave so many hints but he acted like it as nothing-" he was cut off by M/n "hey, hey. I do understand...I know that it hurts." Kageyama sobbed. "The feeling off watching the one you love with someone else. Seeing them smiling, laughing and holding hand with one another which maybe would have been you the one to be there for them but yet you still fail. Instead you just watch over for them and know that their happy without you. I got rejected so many time just by one person and look what happened to me. I really do understand"  He patted and ruffled his hair softly.

Kageyama snuggles into him tighter and heard M/n's heartbeat. He didnt want to let him go. M/n had always been by his side since the start of the year and supported him in every way. "Thanks.....M/n" 

835 words