Mini Vactations

a/n: i already know i'm going to cry writing this
———

aang and katara had the idea of us picking mini vacations since we have been traveling a ton and aang and sokka have been training a lot. we went to aang's choice first and we're in the mountains somewhere and in a little clearing.

aang is on the ground cross legged and the ground ahead of us and aang is filled with tiny holes. aang has a flute in his hands, which i didn't even know he had.

"what's out there?" sokka asked

toph bent down and put her hand on the ground, "a lot actually. there's hundreds of little.."

aang turned around and silenced toph

"shh! i know you can see underground, but don't don't ruin the surprise. just watch."

i leaned down to toph and whispered "ha ha you got in trouble."

she punched my arm and i just continued to laugh.

aang blew a note on the flute and a ground-hog thing popped up out of a hole and mimicked the sound aang made. aang continued to play more notes with the creatures repeating each one.

"i'm putting an orchestra together"
"Orchestra, huh? well, la-di-da"
"sokka don't be rude." i said clearly mocking this whole thing.

momo started goofing around and chasing the creatures through their holes. aang continued entertaining himself with the animals when sokka walked up to him and plugged all the holes to the flute.

"this is great and all, but don't we have more important things too worry about? we should be making plans."
"we did make plans. we're all picking mini-vacations."
"there's no time for vacations"
"i'm learning the elements as fast as i can. i practice hard every day with toph and katara. i've been training my arrow off!"
"so have i, but you don't see me complaining." sokka said
"what's wrong with having a little fun in our down time?" katara went and stood next to aang

"even if you do master all of the elements, then what? it's not like we have a map of the fire nation."

he started gesturing to the side sarcastically, "should we just head west until we reach the fire lord's house?"

now he's pretending to knock on an imaginary door, "knock, knock. hello, fire lord? anybody home? i don't think so. we need some intelligence if we're going to win this war."

aang played another note and a ground-hog appeared under sokka.

"alright we'll finish our vacations and the we'll look for sokka's intelligene."

aang and i laugh. he then opens a map and shows it to katara. "your turn, katara. where would you like to goo on you or mini-vacation?"

while pointing somewhere on the map she says, "how about the misty palm oasis? that sounds refreshing."
"oh yea, i've been there. its a pristine natural ice spring. and i usually don't use the word 'pristine' its one of nature's wonders."
———
we made it to the oasis and..well.. its definitely not an oasis anymore.

"must've changed ownership since i was here." aang laughed sheepishly
"yea that's what happened.." i said jokingly

we walked through the entrance and the hanging sign fell down. we walked past the very small ice spring. we walked into a small bar and pass five people hanging outside and one spits at sokka's feet. i pull out my sword angrily, warning them. the man who spit uttered a raspy groan, slurped on his drink and chuckled.

"ha! this boy needs a GIRL to protect him!"
"ignore them." i say to sokka rolling my eyes and putting my sword away.
"its fine i could've beat them up, especially with your training.